Hotwire / poor quality hotel for price

Jul 1, 2015
San Francisco
I booked a hotel room for San Diego CA for July 4th 2015. Hotwire got me a room at the Quality Inn in El Cajon. The reviews for this hotel are horrible. Would not even rate as a one star. Homeless people sleeping by the ice machines, the smell of marijuana, dirty nasty place. Not to mention the desk clerk was shot in December in a holdup and they has to put the nearby school on lock down. This is the place Hotwire booked me in and would not refund my money. Now they can deal with complaints to the BBB and the state attorney general. If you have been treated the same way please comment. Perhaps Hotwire needs a class action lawsuit to straighten up their business practices.

A  14th of Aug, 2015 by
A few hours before we arrived there was a heroin overdose in the lobby. I had booked the Queen suite through their website and received confirmation but when I arrived there were no rooms available. Check in at 3pm, was issued a room key at 6pm. We took the elevator to the 2nd floor room, swiped the key, opened the door to find about 10 people watching TV. It took 6 hours for Management and housekeeping to find a vacant room. While I was waiting there were drug deals in the parking lot, prostitutes near the pool area soliciting male and female guests. The hotel reeks of stale cigarette smoke. Bed linens were stained and talk about the COCKROACHES. My complaints lead to a small adjustment on our bill, so I thought. I have charges of $242.00 and $55.00 on my credit card and somehow clerk Vanessa managed to bill my bank account another $55..00. Numerous calls to Hotel manager Shah have not been returned. This hotel is a dump, staff is incompetent, the environment is not safe.

Hotwire Logo Hotwire