Hotelsone.com / this company is a rip off and everyone, especially veterans should never use it

I couldn’t get on to the Sheraton Hotel Web Site, so I finally tried the HotelsOne site. They showed only two rooms left and both were $480 per night. We wanted to stay at the hotel (Sheraton Harbor Island) since we were having a military reunion at a restaurant next to the hotel. I called my friend and let him know there were almost no rooms left and he needed to hurry, but they would be expensive. He informed me he’d just reserved a room for $289. I called Sheraton and they told me they had a lot of rooms left. I then called HotelsOne and tried to cancel and they told me if I canceled that I would forfeit the $480. Bottom line no one should be prevented from canceling if they do so within 24 hours. This company is a rip off and everyone, especially veterans should never use it.

Ga

Comments

• Ya
      1st of Oct, 2012
    Hotelsone.com - I will never use this site again, consumer beware
    Hotelsone.com
    hotelsone.com

Called to book a room from blocked rooms for a wedding. The service agent told me all the rooms at that rate were filled and a higher rate was all that was available. Never told me I needed to call the hotel directly for this discount. Proceed to book the reservation at the higher rate and required to be nonrefundable. This was after a number of queries by me re: the cost and circumstances. The service agent never once directed me to the hotel directly even after I asked if he could give me the direct number. After the call I called the hotel directly and told that was not the case. Then I called back to customer service and hit a brick wall. I will never use this site again. Consumers be ware.

• St
      17th of Oct, 2018

Hotelsone.com appears at best to be designed to make more in fees and floats, as its virtually impossible to cancel a room on line, and its very hard to find their phone number. Now been on hold for 30 plus minutes on the number. The website has been pinwheeling for 30 minutes, so it won't cancel on line.