Hotels.com / will not give refund

Dallas, TX, United States

I had booked reservations throught hotels.com for a three night stay at Regency Inn, Fort Walton Beach, FL, March 15-17, 2012. Generally, I am a frugal traveler and will spend less money on a hotel so that I can use the extra cash on nonessentials. In no way is there a beach nearby like hotels.com summarizes. When I arrived, I called and informed them that they were very misleading and that I was unhappy with the condition of the room. The hotels.com agent I spoke with the evening of the 15th advised me to stay the night and that they would cancel the next two nights. All that was requested of me was to check out on the morning of the 16th before the check-out time and than to call hotels.com. The next morning, I did as instructed-Checked-out before 11am. I than called hotels.com to let them know that I had checked out and had to repeat my reasoning for checking out. The agent was very considerated and advised that my refund would be issued within 3-5 days but after the 5th day if I havent received it to contact my bank because it would be on them to issue the credit. Two months, numerous false promises, and 30+ calls later, no refund. They continue to point the blame on the hotel chain and like I explained to them, that was an issue that management will have to take up with the hotel chain because they acted on my behalf as my agent and I paid hotels.com for the room not Regency Inn.