Hotels.com / reservation cancelled on me

During the recent devastation of Hurricane Irma that has hit Florida, my family and I, including our pets, were left with no power or running water and damaging areas near my home. We bounced around from hotel to hotel for the 2 first days (every hotel in a 25 mile radius sold out). After finally finding the Days Inn of Altamonte Springs Florida on Hotels.com site, showing available rooms and all amenities my family desperately needed, I immediately booked and had a sigh of relief. Upon arriving and trying to check in yesterday 9/13 at 6 PM, the front desk rudely advised me they have not had power since the hurricane hit on 9/10. No one called to notify me or stop me to let me know this. All that time WASTED thinking I had a room for my family for the week since the power company estimated 2 weeks of no power or water. I could've been researching other hotels that were possibly getting rooms available or getting cancellations to open up for people in desperate need. I think this is a complete embarrassment on Hotels.com behalf for doing this and I hope many other people didn't have to experience the let down I felt to try to provide for my family during this horrible time of need. Hotels.com blames the hotel and the hotel blames the booking site?? How is this acceptable. You should be ashamed. When I called Hotels.com to ensure my reservation was cancelled since no one called, emailed or otherwise, the Rep didn't even try to ensure I had another hotel or make any type of accommodation for me.

Ju