HomeDepot.com / bad experience with homedepot.com

I placed an online order and was charged $50.81 for a 7 lb. box shipping via UPS ground. According to ups.com, the shipping charges should have around $8.00. When I tried to call homedepot.com's customer service 800 number, I went through their voicemail "tree" twice and both times the line was disconnected when I reached the "Please hold for customer service" message. This is not the first time I've had problems with homedepot.com but I can guarantee with absolute certainty that it will be the last. I am the purchasing agent for a company with 12 million dollars in annual sales and this company will NEVER give Home Depot another penny. I have asked all of our installers that buy from Home Depot to start going to Lowe's instead. If I can't get customer service from their online store, it reflects badly on their entire corporate structure and we will not be contributing any revenue to Home Depot in the future. I will also be certain to tell all of our customers and vendors of my bad experiences.

Comments

• Va
      18th of Jan, 2007
    HomeDepot.com - Missing gift card credit

Don't believe or waste your time dealing with Home Depot.com customer service. They are very inventive and have a different story to tell you every time you inquire about the "gift card credit" they are supposedly sending you. I was told that my request for an adjustment for an overcharge would be on my credit card. Then I was told that instead it would come as a gift card and I could expect to receive it in 3-5 days That was Dec. 13. Today is Jan. 17 and I am still waiting after being told repeatedly that it was in the mail.

• Ed
      20th of Sep, 2008

to whom it may concern
    i recently purchased an oscillating belt and spindle
    sander. i just went to buy sanding disks and i was told
    that YOU do not carry them. i was told sorry but maybe i could get them online. if i wanted to shop online i would have freaking bought the sander online .

yours truely
    teed off

• Mi
      13th of Sep, 2011

The Home Depot on the Eastside in Madison WI provides kitchen remodeling. The service specialist walked us through the installation of a marble countertop (McDermott Top Shop Home Depot contractor). The specialist indicated that the marble did not have their 15 year seal warranty. We asked how often we needed to seal the marble. The specialist (HF) indicated the best determination was when a water bubble did not bead up, and that we would need to re-seal every 1-3 years. When the marble was installed, it was not of uniform thickness (off by a 1/4 inch that was clearly visible). I placed a water bead on the marble after it was installed, and it left a visible stain in less than a minute. The installer had indicated it was sealed prior to installation. When we called HD about this, they suddenly changed their minds and said the manufacturer indicated that the marble should not be sealed. We subsequently found out that marble should not really be used in the kitchen (their response was that they sell a lot of marble for kitchens) because it stains so easily from multitudes of liquids. Once the specialist had made the sale, she kept changing her story. At the time of the purchase she showed us the sealant to use for our countertop! The installation process was quick, but HD backs off on any responsiblity after the sale is made. This store specialist is simply not knowledgable enough to give meaningful and truthful guidance to the buyer. The vast majority of marble people do suggest you seal with an impregnating sealant. HD specialist and their contractor (which always referred us back to HD for resolution) did not stand behind their claims, but rather made up different stories as went through the process.

• Hi
      24th of Aug, 2012

The website is so slow it take 20 minutes for a web page to load.

• Pl
      24th of Aug, 2012

Haha. Must be your Internet connection or computer. I just went to the website and it takes a whole second to load a page.