Homeaway / homeaway.com traveler care

1 Palm Harbor, FL, United States

After being denied access to my rental by the property by the owner I was told by homeaway to go to the Renaissance hotel in fort lauderdale plantation. I was told that this would be no cost to me and homeaway would pay the hotel directly. Homeaways third party vendor sent virtual credit cards which were declined. I was told by Homeaways traveler care that it was due to an error by homeaway as they had entered the incorrect dates for the itinerary. I was assured it was taken care of by traveler care multiple times but the hotel never received payment. They still are unpaid. I currently owe almost $800 which I do not have. I am now being told by the hotel that I will have a fraudulent claim filed against my personal credit card that was taken at check in for "incidental deposit". Ive been told to pay the bill by another homeaway traveler care representative and I would be reimbursed. Unfortunately I dont have the money so I will have detrimental affects to my credit as well as my bank. I am appalled at the traveler care team with homeaway.com. I have asked to speak to a supervisor numerous times and been told they can not let me speak to a manager. Not only did they put me in a hotel that costs $400 a room per night compared to hotels in the area priced between $100-$200 a night, they gave fraudulent card numbers and yet I am the one suffering MAJOR damages and repercussions.

Jk