Home Depot / veterans discount not accepted

San Diego, CA, US Review updated:

My husband is a veteran. We have always gone to the Home Depot for our home needs and displayed my husband's veterans card for 10% off. Yesterday we went to home depot (black friday) and purchased $443 of things. We showed my husband's veterans ID but the computer wouldnt allow a 10% discount. We thought it was because we had purchased so many discounted items.
I called customer service and they said they only give everyday discount to retired military and disabled veterans and all other veterans get the discount in holidays. I was livid. Home Depot is HORRIBLE. Men and woman sacrifice their lives for our freedom and home depot should honor ALL veterans. I was so upset a I couldn't get to the main reason for my call. We will no longer shop at the Home Depot. Veterans should be honored everyday no matter how long you serve. DISGUSTING COMPANY!

Lm
Nov 25, 2017

Comments

• Sh
      Nov 25, 2017

Our service personal do deserve a big thanks for all they do. But complaining because one doesn't get better pricing really seems to tarnish the entire service.

• Co
      Nov 27, 2017

@Shaun R. Do you have any idea what kind of pay we make versus our peers in the civilian sector? The fact that our spouses can't keep jobs or garner seniority because we always move? Or the fact that we retire and are told we don't have the civilian experience they're looking for so we have to start off at entry level positions at 45 years of age or older? We know this going in, but we willfully serve so we can make sure that condescending folks like yourself can enjoy the comforts of freedom and your ability to make the world a safer place via your keyboard.