Home Depot / non-delivery!

1 Rt 83Round Lake Beach, IL, United States

My husband bought me a new oven that I'd been sorely needing. Delivery was set for the following Saturday. Friday night we got a confirmation call for delivery between 10:30 and 2:30 'tomorrow'. Saturday morning the phone rang. Someone asked if it would be ok to reschedule our delivery to another day. I said no, my husband had taken days off of work to remove the old double oven and stove top and prepare the area for the new appliance. The woman tried to negotiate a new date/delivery time to which I said no. She said she'd call me back and hung up. 2:30 came and went so we called the number given to us for delivery questions. It was then that we found out that our delivery had been rescheduled to *next* Saturday. We went to the store where the stove was purchased and spoke to a salesman in that department. He said that several other people were upset, too. (That makes it all better - why?) A truck had broken down and the subcontracted delivery company was having problems. The salesman said it's not Home Depot's fault, it's the delivery company's fault - Home Depot can't do anything. So we asked for the manager. The manager said the same thing. It's not within Home Depot's control to make sure of delivery, but they sure happily took our money! When we asked that they call the delivery company and have them find a way to get our stove to us, the salesman and manager walked away and huddled before making a phone call. Ten minutes later the salesman found us and told us there would be no deliveries over the weekend. He told us to call the store manager on Monday. Meanwhile, we have no oven or stove and are living with a torn up kitchen in total disarray.