Home Depot - Hillsborough, NC / the worst case of customer service

1 United States

Home Depot
Hampton Point, Hillsborough, NC

In late June 2007 we purchased a dishwasher, followed by stove two months later. "HBI Home Delivery" is the company that Home Depot and Lowes (in this area that I know of) contract to deliver their appliance sales and never have I seen a delivery company so inflexible to customer needs.

HBI delivery would call the night before to inform us what time they were delivering, which we quickly noticed was 3-7 Tuesdays and Friday. Like many people we have busy work schedules making us unavailable so we asked for a morning delivery, which we never got. Finally after only a month our dishwasher was delivered, not in the morning of course, but rather 3-7 after my wife took time off work.

Thinking the first delivery problem was a flook we purchased a stove from Home Depot and of course, ran in to similar difficulties. We informed HBI Home delivery that we were unavailable in the evening due to work schedules that couldn't be changed but would be happy to be present in the morning. Again they told us to reschedule for the next delivery date and they would see what they could do. After rescheduling two times HBI finally told us that due to their route we could only get deliveries in the late afternoon and they would not alter it. I called Home Depot in Hillsborough and they did little to help, stating that unfortunately that's just the way it is.

Luckly we received this stove in only a week and a half due to HBI forgetting to take us off the schedule after we canceled and the truck was so late that they arrived at 9pm when we were home.

This is the worst case of customer service that I've ever experienced and I will never purchase another appliance from Home Depot due to the poor customer service they've provided in both my communication with the Hillsborough store and via HBI that they contract for deliveries. I would like to see Home Depot provide some good customer service, until they do, I'll make sure to inform others so they don't make the same mistake I did in purchasing an appliance from such a place.