Home Advisor / Unwanted solicitation, false charges, false promises
My firm did business with home advisor over a year ago to a horrific business experience and false charges for non legitimate leads. Like painters looking for work not a job lead for my painting firm needless to say after horrible wrangling with them they issued me some credits.
After over a year knew this was not working out too much money for nothing. Took forever to get the crooks to cancel but finally they did; but recharged me for 380.00 for every hard fought credit and threatened collection if I did not pay.
Paid the crooks and then blocked credit card Now some horribly pushy aggressive salesperson is continually calling my registered do not c all cell phone to try to get me to re-up and give a credit card AND NEW SCAM TRYING TO ALSO CHARGE A SIGN UP FEE INCREDIBLE
Why they are in business and not shut down by the FTC is a real question. This is not to say the contractors relying on this co. for business are bad. THIS IS JUST A REALLY BAD OPERATOR AND I URGE ALL CONTRACTORS TO BOYCOTT THEM. Try yelp if you are truly good you will get biz.
More Home Advisor Complaints & Reviews
- Service Magic - Fraudulent charges! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Scam and deceptive advertising! 
- ServiceMagic.Com - Awful experience 
- Home Advisor - Service magic scam 
- ServiceMagic, Inc. - Fraudulent business practices of ServiceMagic, Inc. 
- HomeAdvisor - bait and switch - fraud
- HomeAdvisor - unauthorized credit card charges and too many false charges.
- HomeAdvisor - home advisor scam misleading sales force - no refunds after 72 hours
- HomeAdvisor - don't give them a try
- HomeAdvisor - Unethical behaviour