Home 2-10/Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation / PLumbing repairs

1 Byram, MS, United States Review updated:

The drain under my tub is ruptured. I have a home warranty through 2-10/ Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation that notes that plumbing is covered. They say that they do not cover any damage due to a leak nor do they cover any damage done to the structure in order to repair a covered repair. They refuse to pay for the removal of the tub to diagnose the source of the drain rupture, which they may or may cover to fix. They will only know for sure if I pay to have the tub removed so that they can assess whether or not they cover it. If they have to remove the tub to fix the drain, isn't or shoudn't that be part of teh repair cost, which they say is covered only up to $500?

Comments

• Ci
      16th of Mar, 2009

I had a similar situation with this company! It took nearly two weeks for someone to contact us and when the provider did he said he had a bigger job to take care of and didn't know when he would be available. It was a leak in our roof and the rain wasn't letting up so I called 2-10 AGAIN to inform them we needed someone to come out soon since the problem was only getting worse. They sent a guy from a different state about 6 hours away and then after he repaired our roof they told us we were responsible for his travel and a fee since he was out of network. It was not our fault the only guy they had didn't have the time to come fix it...he wanted the more expensive job I guess. We fought with them and it didn't do any good. We forked out so much more money we would of been better off calling someone in the phone book! This company is a rip and I would never use them again.

• 46
      10th of Sep, 2009

Wow. My son recently bought his first home and a 2-10 home buyers warranty was suggested by the realtor. We wanted the warranty but somehow it did not get included in the closing costs and we were never enrolled. We learned this because it has been just two months and there is a problem with the A/C. We contacted the realtor only to find we have no warranty. Anyway the realtor made arrangements with 2-10 to get us covered after we pay the fee and 30 days has past. In trying to go to the 2-10 website to see just what some of the "options" were, such as "Supreme Protection" or "Enhanceed HVAC", I came across your postings. Now I'm scared. I may pay them their $300 plus for the warranty and be denied coverage and have to "fork out...more money" to have the A/C problem that just come up fixed. I guess it could be considered a pre-existing problem, not prior to the purchase of the home, as far as we know, but prior to the warranty, at no fault of ours. But it sounds like this company comes up with all kinds of "small print" reasons to be able to deny coverage or after that fact tell you "Oh BTU you are responsible for part of the fee" because they, not you, chose someone out of their network. Or tell you we MAY cover it, but you must put out $$ first to find out and you must put out $$ later to repair anything that we mess up to get to the area to be fixed. Ridiculous! Oh what to do????