2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] Logo

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW]

Having problems with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW]?

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on May 21, 2008. The latest review Excessive charge to owner of 10 year builders warranty to file a claim was posted on Sep 20, 2021. The latest complaint non payment was resolved on Jul 30, 2014. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 55 reviews. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] has resolved 19 complaints.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 743 4210 (Homeowners / Renewals)
+1 800 775 4736 (Homeowners / Request Service)
+1 877 777 1344 (Builders / New Construction)
+1 800 488 8844 (Builder Member Warranty Inquiries)
+1 800 795 9595 (Real Estate Professional Inquiries)
+1 888 886 4802 (Service Contractor Inquiries)
13900 E Harvard Ave.
Aurora, Colorado
United States - 80014-2324

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] Customer Service. Initial 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW]. Discuss the issues you have had with 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW] Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

2-10 Homebuyers Warranty — 10 year employee of 2 - 10hbw

Why would you not give an employee after 10 years with the company a pay raise? The gold plated watch is an...

2-10 Home Warranty — Waste of time and money

After being a customer for years, I recently canceled our policy . . . . This is the email that I sent to...

Home Warranty 2-10Coverage

After complaining about the same problem twice, Home Warranty 2-10 explains that the Trade Fee they require before services are rendered are payable with each different diagnosis rather than the complaint. In my example, my refridgerator started Freezing my fresh food and there is water in the base of the refridgerator. I called and filed a report, they had a repair man come out. He flushed out the lines. The SAME problem continued, within 30 days I contacted Home Warranty 2-10 they sent back the repair person who offered a different solution. Home warranty 2-10 authorized the repair, but only after I paid another Trade fee of $100.00. They explain that with each new soloution, I owe another $100 even though my original problem still exists.

I also discovered that my electric wiring for the living room, kitchen, dining room, bedroom and 1/2 bathroom (located in the master bedroom) are all wired on the same circuit breaker. Home Warranty 2-10 was called, I paid the $100 trade Fee to the electrician. Home Warranty states that they are not responsible for over wired circuit breakers. The electrician explained that re-wiring was needed and I needed a new circuit breaker box. In the contract I was given by Home Warranty 2-10 under equipment eligible for coverage Elecrtrical - electrical wiring is listed as being covered.

Respond

2-10 Homebuyers Warranty — Intimidation

www.homebuyerswarranty.blogspot.com 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty I worked for 2-10 HBW for over 9 years in the...

2-10 Home WarrantyShady Contractors

STAY AWAY FROM 2-10 HOME WARRANTY!

When we first bought our home, the sellers paid for the first year of the home warranty and they chose 2-10 Home Warranty. The first year, we didn't have a need to submit a claim. So when the renewal came due, we just renewed it for another year. Now we received another renewal notice for the third year. The price of the warranty increase by $100 and the deductible increase by another $25. The coverage remained the same. We decided not to renew this time and decided to submit claims for some things now before our contract ended.

One issue was a bearing going out in the dryer. Contractor comes out and says, yes it's a bearing. Writes a receipt for the $75 deductible we paid him and says he will order the part. Never orders the part. A little digging by us and the contractor has no business address or business phone. He just uses a cell phone. We try to contact him about coming back out, but his voicemail is full and won't accept any more messages! He took our $75 and hasn't done a single bit of work. You would think that 2-10 Home Warranty would be a little more selective on who they allow to contract with them!

• Po
        poolman64 Jun 27, 2010

I am currently a contractor with 2-10 doing swimming pool related repairs. 2-10 requires proof of a valid contractors license, proof of a valid business license, proof of liability insurance, and at least three references. I have no idea how you were stuck with the dud who did your repairs after all the documentation I had to provide to get signed up with 2-10. My guess would be he did not have the support staff to follow up on ordering the parts and rescheduling the completion of the repairs. We treat our home warranty customers with the same courtesy and respect we give our regular customers.

There is a fine line between normal wear and tear, and outright abuse and/or lack of maintainance on any appliance or piece of equipment found around a home. We have encountered persons who purchased a very run down dilapidated piece of property, and then expect their home warranty company to replace all of the broken worn out things with brand new state of the art replacements. When I encounter this situation I explain to the customer that they can't buy a wrecked car and then turn it into their auto insurance company to have it completely rebuilt and repaired.

Not all contractors and not all customers are created equal. Yours sounds like a very legitimate claim and I would like to think that 2-10 customer service would have made this right for you. If this situation has not been corrected to your satisfaction I suggest you call 2-10 and explain the problem to them. I think you will find them to be cooperative and they should give this to a different contractor with no further expense to you.

2-10 Home Buyers Resale Warranty CorporationGarbage Disposal

My wife and I have been on the phone with 2-10 customer service for hours addressing an garbage disposal issue. The issue is that the thing doesn't work properly. What they told us is that if it turns on it works and you are not suppose to put food down a garbage disposal and any clog that occurs is entirely our fault because of negligence. They even have a plumber who states that food should never go down a garbage disposal. If this warranty wasn't a gift from my agent, I would cancel the policy.

• Pl
          Plumber On call.info May 13, 2010

Dont waste your time with home warrenty companies. Ive worked for 3 companies . When i worked for Firstr american and sent me on a call for garbage disposal. The customer would pay 60.00 fee. I felt bad sometimes if all I had to do was un jamb it. I would give the customer a free wrench and instructions on how to unjamb it themselves. Most other service man would un jamb and make a run for it. These warrenty companies cant find good service people and when they do find a good service company . they dont stay long. If I had any dought that a disposer was bad and not working properly .I would have changed it. I was always on the customers side. I was the best service company that First American... Nationwide... Cross country ever had! I need work ...but ... Every time a call would come in I would be very stressed out over how Iwas going to get screwed with what i had to do to make a meager profit. Get on line and learn how to do plumbing your self. or call a plumber and make him guarantee a rate or quote.

2-10 Home WarrantyMisleading Customers

This company has become one of the many businesses trying to scam consumers in the middle of a recession. For many years their home warranty "standard option" covered nearly everything. When its time to renew your warranty, their customer service reps hound you with repeated calls trying to get you to renew. They tell you that "EVERYTHING IS STILL THE SAME." Without notifying customers, in 2009, 2-10 made HUGE changes to their standard warranty. Their standard warranty now covers small parts of an appliance, and they now added a Supreme Option, which costs more money, to cover other parts of the same appliance. So now, you appliance will not be fully covered. Only parts of your applicance will be covered under one plan, and other parts will be covered under another plan, which costs more!! You will not find this out until you file a claim (they still won't tell you about the change), send out a contractor to collect your 50 dollar deductible, and then tell you the part is not covered under the plan, and that the only way the part is covered is under some new plan which costs MORE!!! THEY WILL GET CAUGHT IN THEIR GREED AND GO DOWN JUST LIKE THE REST OF THESE BANKS AND BUSINESSES THAT HAVE SCAMMED CONSUMERS. Don't let them get you FILE COMPLAINTS AND SUE!!!

4 Responses
            nomoresilentlady Feb 25, 2014

Couldn't agree more! I have never in my life written a compliant to the Better Business Bureau but after the endless issues with this company, I felt I had no other option but to make a complaint.

• Ni
            nikki30 Jul 25, 2011

i agree!

• Va
            Vanessa Davis Aug 28, 2010

I would advise homeowners not to get a warranty with 2-10. Theyn do not care about their customers at all.

Sandra J Daniels Aug 25, 2020

@Vanessa Davis I agree totally with you! Never again!

2-10 warrantyAC UNIT NOT FIXED

2-10 Warranty is a horrible company. I have an AC unit that went out on 6/29/2009. It is now 7/17/2009 and has been about 90-100 degrees everyday. They have not still fixed the unit. I have made nearly 70, yes 70 calls to them with never once a call back. They do not live up to their end of the deal, do not care. Good luck to you 2-10 warranty holders that have something break on them. If there is ever a class action lawsuit filed against this company, please contact me for any assistance.

2 Responses
            • Mr
              Mrs Mojgan naumburg Aug 20, 2011

I have had the worst experience with 2-10 warranty. Most of the contractors they sent over were creeps.
              I just found out they decided not to renew my subscription with out notifying me. No reasons given.
              Do not do business with them, they take your money and do not deliver.
              Total scam

• Bo
              borderholic Feb 10, 2011

We have placed 4 service calls in the last 5 months.
              1. Furnace that stopped working on Jan 29, 2011.
              2. A chemical water pump which burned out on Jan 20, 2011
              3. Garage door spring placed on Oct 27, 2010
              4. Micro wave / oven are not functioning properly. Placed on Jan 28, 2011

Needless to say it has been a long winter. Anyway I have placed over 50 calls to 2-10 to try and rectify these issue. the furnace was considered an emergency considering the temps on Jan 29 was 19 degrees. The furnace finaly works today Feb 9, 2011. It only took 2 weeks to have it repaired, and they would not pay the contractor. I had to pay the entire bill. The contractor never heard of such a thing.

They couldn't find a contractor to come to the hiuse to fix the door and chemical pump. I was told I would be reimbursed minus the $75 fee. I haven't been paid for the garage door, and now they claim the pump isn't covered, yet they genereated a work order for it to be repaired/replaced.

They sent an appliance repairman to look at the appliances, because the appliances are over 25 years old, replacement parts are not avaialable. The repairman had to pull the microwave out to get the model # and same for the oven. After 10 days I called to see what the outcome is and they told me they would get back to me. They called me and wated the model # of both appliances. Thats what I paid the $75 for, and then they wanted a picture as well. I sent the picture and they still are delaying the process.

I wish there was some way I could warn other people who live under the false hope that should their heat go out in the middle of winter for 2 weeks it will be taken care of. You never talk to the same person twice, even if you get a name and mention it, it really doesn't matter. They will never give you a supervisor or a contact number or email address.

I have found it almost impossible to find a contractor that will work for them. I can't believe that Realty Companys still offer this crapping contract to persective buyers. In fact the contractors that they do get to come out are not what I would call "Top Notch".

I am wondering if it is a bit of a scam. Most of the guys that came out know what is and isn't covered it seems and they go ahead and do the work first then call for the authorization, which is usually denied, then you are stuck for the full bill.

I have to believe that 2-10 is not providing the service which they call us to renew every year. They even sold my wife the extra coverage to cover the chemical pump, which they now are authorizing it to be serviced.

Does anyone know any recourse that can be taken? I have contacted the Realty company that sold this to us and mentioned that they should research what they sell. My wife is so afraid that somehting major will go wrong that she keeps taking out the insurance. we have had them since 2007 and have had a total of10 service calls. Only two were actually covered. It always seems that the contractor does the work and then your stuck for the bill.

2-10 Home Buyers Warranty [HBW]coverage/word of credibility

This will be printed and CC to Department of Disabled Veteran Affairs and the VA Loan Department... to let them be aware, of bad business and credibility in keeping one's word...in a dispute when a customer/consumer has been verbally told... a credit will be issued by the claim department... but then told to mail a letter for file, in whereas... it now Becomes... a 'request'

I called in and had to make two work orders... verbalizing that I had an issue with a continual leak on my front hose connection.. which I feared would burn out my water/well pump (my first time in a home with such) I also had a leak in the rear water connection... I explained this was my main issue for a claim, but stated that I had just had a local person change a washer, from under my kitchen sink... what was the possibility of it all being connected... when the first contractor did not respond.. I called in with a second request.in short, that Friday afternoon... I found out that the responding contractor... told my son (I had to leave for a job interview, haaving been out of work as a Veteran for a month and a half... but feeling the need to leave cash for the cover charge... Very much needed for gas... which I did without for the next few days) IF I had known, that they could not perform any.. work on a water connection... AND before I left... I explained to the two drivers... two diffferent trucks showed up for the job... that my CONCERN was indeed these water connections... the gentleman who came in the house, verbalized that 'he did not see ANYTHING wrong with the sink... probably just sweat... do I need to have him come to small claims court?... but after leaving... they changed out the rings... which had been previously done... telling my son... that the connection job could be done... for $300.00... If I would have been there... I would have refused payment, simply from what WE... discussed openly 'face to face... they never said... they could not do the MAIN requested.. and important job.. by contract of your company! If I had wrote a check... I would have stopped payment... I called the claims department upon returning home... who had a present supervisor clami... verbalized to me... that they would honor a refund.. BECAUSE... the claim should have never been placed... I was placed on hold to Customer service to alleviate... sending a fax or formal letter... to approve and commit to such refund... but of course the department was already closed. On Monday, I called and was told they needed a letter on File... to show the circumcumstances... and the refund would be processed. I called back several days later... to be told that this.. Verbal Committment was now, just a request letter by my part... to be approved, but not official... I suffered monotary loss and stresss due to this... does the government need to blacklist your company...? This policy was paid in full...in my VA loan purchase in March 2009... I could have gone with a previous company AHS... american home sheild, from my previous home... but the seller reccommended this company... much to my mistake... seems like.. the "quality assurance... and the promise of a taped conversation... is all a farce!!! I am not rich... and struggle... again, now just... starting a job..6 July 2009. Now I have a AC problem... and because I am paid for... by your company have to Depend on honest service again... and the claim department being thorough in their knowledge of coverage policy...!!

I am saddening. that I had to stress waiting for this..

• Cy
                Cynthia Francis Dec 22, 2008

I have been waiting on the line now for 40 mins, I call earlier and received a company for repairs on my oven of course they give the wrong phone number for that company Emergency Applicance . This is the 2nd time I have called and got a bad phone number, the orther time it was for my dish washer. Please call me at [protected] my name is Cynthia Francis. So now the phone call disconnect. What is going on it does not take 40 mins for some one to answer the phone.

2-10 Homebuyers Warranty — Failure to fix A/C unit

I would like to file a complaint against 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. My A/C unit stopped working on 6/23/09, I...

2-10 Home Warranty — Dishwasher not replaced

I am very frustrated with the company's service! It took more than a month before 2-10 decided to...

2-10 home buyers warranty of virginia.inccustomer service,

My husband and I, brought our first home, and we went with 2-10 homebuyers warranty of Virginia. We paid $345.00 with a $85 trade fee. We thought that we were covered if any thing needed to be repaired. Our gas water heater went out, in the height of winter, so I called our warranty company. It was on a Saturday, our policy clearly states ( 24 hours-365 days a year) So I thought we were okay... wrong even though they clearly say (24hrs---365 days a year ) on their policy, what they tell you when you call on a weekend or a holiday is that they will get in contact with the trades person but they don't do service call on the weekend, or better yet when you call the trades people your self, and leave your information, they ask if you are covered under the 2-10 warranty, and when you say you are thats when they can not service you no matter how serious the problem because all they will collect from you is the trade fee, not weekend, or holiday pay. So with a very young baby a toddler, and a few more family members, we had to boil water for bathing until Monday. The trades people finally came to service the water heater, they demaned the money up front, before even looking at the heater, I dont know about you, but I pay upon delivery of goods or service. I called the company who informed me " yes you have to pay them before they start". So I paid them and they looked at the heater, and started fixing it, I left home to run a few errands, upon my arrvial home, I see that the trade service men have left, but, I am greeted with a overhelming odor of gas, the farther I travel in my home the stronger the smell, until I pinpoint the source, the GAS WATER HEATER is leaking GAS! so My husaband and I get everyone out the house I call the warranty company from outside my home and they tell me that they can't get in contact with the service men, and that it may be hours before they can get back to my home!!! All awhile my home is filling with gas, so I call the emergency number to the gas company, and they said that they would be sending someone right away, and stay out of the house and then, they gave a list of things not to do. Our warranty company called me back saying that the service men were on their way back but was not sure how long their arrvial would take. Needless to say the service man from the gas company arrived to my home well before they did. I was talking with the gas man when they drove up. The warranty service men went in to my home, I asked the gas man to stay, and I went to talk to the other men, I wanted to confronted the lead man about the smell, I over heard him say to his helper tell her ( meaning me ) to get rid of the gas man before he comes in and red tags us.. I continue in and I am confronted by the helper who indeeds tells me, " we are here the gas man can leave now, ignoring him, I ask the lead man about the gas leak, he informs me in a flippant manner, "it wasnt enough gas leaking yet to blow up the house." I left him working on the leak, and went back out side to talk to the other gas service man, I asked him what did red tag mean, he asked where did I hear that term, I when repeated what I heard. He procceded to explain to me red tag has to do with not fixing something properly the company who serviced the job has to go to court, fines and fees must be paid, and then they have to come back and fix their original work. So at that moment the helper informs me they are done, and they start packing their van to leave. I ask the gas service man to check their work, he does, and tells me to hurry up and get them there is still a leak, I do so, the trades men from my warranty company comes back in, the gas man show them there is still a leak, they tighten it again, and it is checked again and it is stilling leaking finally they change out a nozzel connecting piece tightens it and no more leak. ( Later I find out from the gas man that they put the piece on with the wrong type of tool causing damage to the nozzel and that if I hadn't had it checked it would have continue to leak, and only God knows what would have happened to our family, over time)
              The gas man informs the warranty tradesmen that there has been a recall on certain parts of our water heater and they can get the free parts to fix them. at that lead guy in front of all of us turns to the helper and said " when that happens we can go get the parts for free and still charge the company for the parts." I was dumbfounded, I quickly got the warranty trades men out of my home. I have had other dealings with my warranty company and was greatly dissapointed, and never will I renew with them or recommended them to any one... ever!! Oh yeah by the way they increased their policy rate this year by $100.00, I wonder if they did any thing in the way of better customer service??

Respond

Home 2-10/Buyers Resale Warranty CorporationPLumbing repairs

The drain under my tub is ruptured. I have a home warranty through 2-10/ Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation that notes that plumbing is covered. They say that they do not cover any damage due to a leak nor do they cover any damage done to the structure in order to repair a covered repair. They refuse to pay for the removal of the tub to diagnose the source of the drain rupture, which they may or may cover to fix. They will only know for sure if I pay to have the tub removed so that they can assess whether or not they cover it. If they have to remove the tub to fix the drain, isn't or shoudn't that be part of teh repair cost, which they say is covered only up to $500?

2 Responses
                  • 46
                    46 Suz Sep 10, 2009

Wow. My son recently bought his first home and a 2-10 home buyers warranty was suggested by the realtor. We wanted the warranty but somehow it did not get included in the closing costs and we were never enrolled. We learned this because it has been just two months and there is a problem with the A/C. We contacted the realtor only to find we have no warranty. Anyway the realtor made arrangements with 2-10 to get us covered after we pay the fee and 30 days has past. In trying to go to the 2-10 website to see just what some of the "options" were, such as "Supreme Protection" or "Enhanceed HVAC", I came across your postings. Now I'm scared. I may pay them their $300 plus for the warranty and be denied coverage and have to "fork out...more money" to have the A/C problem that just come up fixed. I guess it could be considered a pre-existing problem, not prior to the purchase of the home, as far as we know, but prior to the warranty, at no fault of ours. But it sounds like this company comes up with all kinds of "small print" reasons to be able to deny coverage or after that fact tell you "Oh BTU you are responsible for part of the fee" because they, not you, chose someone out of their network. Or tell you we MAY cover it, but you must put out $$ first to find out and you must put out $$ later to repair anything that we mess up to get to the area to be fixed. Ridiculous! Oh what to do????

• Ci
                    cinlove Mar 16, 2009

I had a similar situation with this company! It took nearly two weeks for someone to contact us and when the provider did he said he had a bigger job to take care of and didn't know when he would be available. It was a leak in our roof and the rain wasn't letting up so I called 2-10 AGAIN to inform them we needed someone to come out soon since the problem was only getting worse. They sent a guy from a different state about 6 hours away and then after he repaired our roof they told us we were responsible for his travel and a fee since he was out of network. It was not our fault the only guy they had didn't have the time to come fix it...he wanted the more expensive job I guess. We fought with them and it didn't do any good. We forked out so much more money we would of been better off calling someone in the phone book! This company is a rip and I would never use them again.

www.2-10.com — Bad service

We had problem with pur heat pump. We call our home warrant company and they sent out Fugate heating and...

2-10 Home Warranty — Save your self hours and hours of frustration and disappointment

Failure to live up to contract and or professionally resolve dispute. Dishwasher, broke - called company...