Holiday Travel Of America / No trip for almost 1 year!!!! big scam!!!
I have to agree with everyone else on this board, this company is a complete scam! In May of 2009 we received a free "Hawaii trip" and a free " Mexican Cruise" for purchasing a timeshare with Global Exchange Vacation. In June we sent out our request for an October Hawaii trip with 2 different dates along with a check for $60. They sent us a confirmation letter with the dates, then told us that our trip was not available! if we wanted we can upgrade for more days or a different location but it will cost us more $$$. Then we ended up trading our Hawaii vacation trip for vacation coupon book. We tried booking our new trip with more $$$ ( an all inclusive Caribbean trip) to Dominican Republic and we were given the run around for months!!! They finally confirmed a Feb 2011 date and gave us the hotel information. We were familiar with the hotel (RIU hotels) because we have stayed at one before in Cabo. MX. They quoted a discounted fee of $800 for the trip ( no flight included). I went to the RIU website and searched the exact trip, and guess what? I found a better deal straight through RIU than I did with Holiday of America!!! We called the supervisor Nuvia ( the one we have been dealing with for almost a year!!!) and told her why we were getting ripped off with their supposedly "discounted prices???" She had no answer and told us that the quotes came straight from the corporate offices and she will see what she can do. We called her back on December 23rd 2010 to find out what was going on with our Caribbean trip??? Nuvia answered and asked us if we could hold for a moment, 5 minutes later she answers and we asked her what was going on with our February trip, she told us that they are closing for the holidays and will not return until January 3rd!!! She could not even help her last customer!!! Terrible customer service!!! We are currently trying to book our Caribbean trip and our cruise that we just submitted and were asked to change our dates. We will not give up scam or no scam!!! They will not get the satisfaction. I never, ever, ever complain on-line for companies but this company has done it for my boyfriend and I. Please, please do not book anything from them, stay away!!!
More Holiday Travel Of America Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Holiday Travel Of America - This needs to STOP! 
- Holiday Travel Of America - Scam charges
- [Resolved] Holiday Travel Of America - Keep putting off trip
- Holiday Travel Of America - fraudulant concern 
- Holiday Travel Of America - They booked us to San Jose, CA not San Jose, Costa Rica!!!!
- Holiday Travel Of America - SCAM - Travel Services
- Holiday Travel Of America - Owner unethical behavior 
- Holiday Travel Of America - doesnt return phone calls/Manager extrememly rude 
- Holiday Travel Of America - False Advertisement
- Holiday Travel Of America - DO NOT USE USE THIS COMPANY!