Hobby Lobby / payroll tampering

Wisconsin, United States Review updated:

My supervisor deleted my hours worked. I was verbally told I would be paid double time if I worked on my day, which was after Labor Day. I went to my supervisor today because I did not see these extra hours on my paycheck. He stated he would look in to it and fix it. I was then informed today, by the district manage, that I will not getting paid any overtime. They would reduce my working hours for next and add in the hours I was not given. I have been with this particular store for almost 4 years and thoroughly enjoy my job. I have a family and depend on any extra hours I can get. Tampering with payroll is illegal and I need to know who to bring this to to be addressed. If they are doing it to me then they may be doing this to my coworkers!

Ka
Sep 22, 2017

Comments

• Mi
      Nov 30, 2017

I have worked for hobby lobby for 5 years in Indiana and let me tell you, CALL HR immediately and explain the situation. I have seen managers flat out not pay someone for 30 hours of work a week for almost 2 months with no resolution because they were afraid to call HR for some reason. The unfairness and just outright nonsense employees deal with is almost unbearable. the ONLY reason I am still an employee is because of the 15.70 an hour.