Hit Web Design / bait and switch/poor design

My experience is similar to the others:

Charged for hosting months before the site was live

Insisted that, for a fee, their writer could create great text guaranteed to attract business; 3 months later, writer delivered atrocious and inappropriate text.

Then I generated my own extensive text, with notes added to the designer in a different color and font; the designer just pasted everything onto the website; didn't bother to read the text; put it live without asking me to review it first.

They keep changing the rules about how much "design" they'll do; now they don't even want to have the designer go through clipart to find the right graphics; they expect the client to wade through thousands of pictures; at least a dozen more hours on customer's part.

Comments

16th of Apr, 2010

I advise you to go to your bank and do a chargeback. I used to be a client of HIT web design, I paid $2, 000 for a website, they gave me the run around and asked me to contact their management. Once I contacted my bank and sent my bank all the information, within three months I got a FULL REFUND from the bank. These people are crooks.

• Hi
      12th of May, 2010

HIT web design is a total fraudulent organisation. I wonder why no legal action is initiated against them. They promise so much when they entice you to sign the contract, once you do, they suck and suck the money and when it comes to delivery of the website, those low grade sloppy programmers, artists deliver a pathetic looking sick and non-functional website. I lost close to 2000$ and my website could not be done in 6 months. After repeated BEGGINGS those rotten skulls assembled something that never worked. login, payment, whole design nothing ever worked. My business concept deplayed. in the mean time they have had hundreds of account manager, programmers pretending to take good care of you...all rotten thick skin lootters.all fraud and no honesty, no work and no accountability

I gave up and a neighborhood immigrant boy did such a splendid job within 2 weeks at 3rd the money that HIT robbed me off. Human conscience, humanity and scientific acumen is no more there in our boys in here, our science runs on these sweet little hard working honest immigrants those who like to excel and keep our economy up and running..

Guys, initiate an action against these robbers. let us write to AG UTAH, let us try to bring your money back and help me bring money back and let us try putting these robbers behind the bars.

• Ge
      9th of Mar, 2011

EVERYONE THERE IS HOPE!!! PLEASE PLEASE FILE A CLAIM WITH THE PROVO, UT POLICE DEPARTMENT!!! THEY ARE NOW TAKING REPORTS AND/OR COMPLAINTS AGAINST HIT WEB DESIGN FOR ANY FRAUD OR SCAM ACTIVITY. YOU CAN ASK FOR OFFICER DICK OR SGT. CROSBY - 801-852-6231 CALL! THE MORE CALLS THE BETTER. I JUST FILED MY CLAIM AND RECEIVED A CASE NUMBER. WHEN I CALLED AND MENTIONED HIT WEB DESIGN THEY ALREADY KNEW ABOUT THE COMPLAINTS THAT HAVE BEEN COMING IN. I DID MY PART TO SEE JUSTICE SERVED. I HOPE YOU WILL DO THE SAME. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! !!! _________________________________________

AGAIN THE NUMBER IS:
    PROVO, UT POLICE DEPARTMENT
    801-852-6210 OR 801-852-6231

• Ds
      4th of Apr, 2011

I too am another victim of this horrendous company! The worst service, workmanship, the product, timeliness...the list goes on. What I was sold and what I received are two entirely different things...they completely used bait and switch tactics...and after you sign the contract your pretty much stuck with it. No one would return my calls - eventually I just gave up. Now I have a pathetic website - does not look professional at all, all of my flash is gone even though it was on the site until 3/8/11 when they closed, and now the only thing I can do is pay another company to fix it. Just made a complaint with Provo UT PD...hopefully something can be done! I left Jennifer a message at Provo PD - her number is 801-851-8069 - her message states that they are accepting complaints against HIT and if you leave her your email address she will send you a complaint form. Obviously, there is a particularly high caller volume regarding this company, so she may not be able to return your call.