HHgregg / &promotional balance&

NC, United States Review updated:

Beware of the "Promotional 0%" offers that HHGREGG is very quick to sell you on. They failed to explain to me that once the 12 months has expired and if your balance is not completely paid off; you pay a 29.99% finance charge for the entire 12 months on the spot. My tv was $1100 and I ended up paying $315 in finances charges alone right after the 12 months expired. Eventhough, I never missed a payment and my balance at the end of the 12 months was less than $500. I called to see if they would work with me, even a little bit but they didn't care. And, people at HHGREGG were very quick to sell me the TV but didn't bother explaining the terms of the promotion. Never shopping there again.

Comments

• Kr
      Aug 11, 2011

Read everything before you sign it. You consented to pay the all the back owed APR so good luck getting any of those charges reversed.

•   Aug 17, 2011

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at [protected]@ge.com with the following information:

- The full name associated with the account
    - Mailing address associated with the account
    - Your contact phone number
    - Reference code DM 081711_hhg

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,
    Nicole
    GE Money

• He
      Sep 14, 2011

Every finance plan is like that and I mean EVERY finance plan from Lowes to Hhgregg. It's always been like that. I agree with the first post. Grow up!

• Yo
      Oct 22, 2014

That ridiculous. These people are good enough to do business with the company, they should be clear on the details. These are important details that even the sales associates aren't completely knowledgable about. Either way, these banks are sneaky and hope to catch you going beyond the promotion ending date.