HHgregg / stay away

I bought a s.s. fridge, stove, micro, d.washer& TV.

Rebates totalling $800.00.

When they delivered them the fridge door was scratched & ice maker delivered crushed ice only.

I read the detailed directions to a tee I'm an electrical/mechanical eng.

They talked to me like I was stupid. I'm sure they had a HS diploma.

When delivered they removed the boxes including the TV box with the UPC code for rebate.

When I called the 800 # they said nothing could be done.

Then I called Chrystal @ the Raleigh store and she said there was still a way to get the rebate and ginger would call me back. She did and advised me they could do nothing.

Next Jr. Mgr john Keane on the phone he was rude and bluntly stated he couldn’t do anything. I asked for the mgrs name he at first refused and then I told him I would be at the store in 10min. He said that wouldn't help.

Went anyway. When I got there after a 15 min wait

Mr Danial had a letter ready for me to send to the rebate ctr to clear things up.

The lack of training @ HH Gregg is well below Walmart or K Mart.

I'm a 25 year sales and marketing with a very large Mfg co and the 1st thing HH Gregg need to do is teach their people to say" Let me see what we can do to help you" rather than can't do anything up front.

I would not recommend buying anything from HH Gregg.

Va

Comments

• Ra
      9th of Mar, 2009

everything this guy just said is ###.

15th of Jan, 2010

We purchased a small refrigerator that was on sale from the HHGregg store in Piqua, OH. It's been one big hassle. I am 65 years old, and it's a 50+ mile round trip.

The hassle began when I called to see if it was in stock, they said it wasn’t, and I'd have to come in and pay for it, before they'd order it. They wouldn't take my credit card over the phone. So I drove over and paid cash.

When it came in, I called and asked if they'd deliver it. They told me I had to come in first and pay for the delivery, (Evidently, they would not trust me to pay the delivery man). So I called a friend, and we went to pick it up instead.

When I got it home, it was defective, it wouldn't cool. I called the store, they told me to call the service center, who told me I'd have to call the manufacturer. I called them, they said they'd send someone out to fix it.

After no one came to fix it in the next five days, I called the store back. I talked to the manager this time. He said he'd order me a new one, but I had to bring this one back, before he'd order it. That would be two more trips over and back. But I said OK.

The next morning my wife and I decided to just get our money back, we’d had enough hassle already. When I got to the store, I told the manager I just wanted a refund. He got a little pissy, and said that’s not what we agreed on last night. I told him I changed my mind, we’d been hassled enough.

He said he’d give me a refund, but he had the right to charge me a 20% restocking fee. (That was about $54.00.) I asked him how he could charge a restocking fee when he sold me defective merchandise. He said I should have read the back of the invoice. I said I’d pay the restocking fee, just write it up. When I asked for the cash back, he said they’d send a check in the next 7 to 10 days, he said they also had the right do this as it was also stated on the back of the invoice.

Before I walked out of the store, I told him he was going to get a little publicity. I’d write the Attorney General, Better Business Bureau, and post this on several web sites. He didn’t seem to care.

• He
      2nd of Jul, 2010

Your an idiot!

• He
      12th of Jul, 2010

I'm with you this doesn't make any sense. Just another fake complaint from a Best Buy employee.