HH Gregg / mail in rebates!

I bought a mattress with HHGregg in Tennessee back in April and had it delivered. They charged me $59.99 delivery fee, which would be reimbursed when I sent in the rebate form and a copy of my delivery receipt. I did exactly as the lady at the store told me. 10 weeks went by and there was no email, no phone call, no mail with my check or any information regarding my rebate. I got out the copy of the rebate form the lady at the store gave me (I make double copies of everything) and I call the 1-800 number that was supposed to be in Texas yeah right. I get some lady who can hardly speak English so I guess my call went to India. Anyways, they have no record of me at all. I sit there and read to her exactly what the paper says and she accuses me of trying to claim a rebate from 2005. Come to find out, they gave me the WRONG rebate form, which is not my fault. The people at the call center refused to help and now I can't get my rebate back. I have spent over $5,300 since 2002 with that sorry a$$ company. I will NEVER step back into one of their stores again. They need to take all the money they are getting from ripping their customers off and provide better customer service training for their employees.

Es

Comments

• Al
      18th of Sep, 2007

Have you even tried calling the store? All you have to do is go back into the store, explain what happened, and they will refund the delivery. Pretty simple.

• Al
      3rd of Oct, 2007

I bought a freezer from H.H. Gregg in July 2007. It was my first visit to an H.H. Gregg store and my first purchase from them, and will be my last. First off, we were entirely ignored in the store until one of the salesmen realized we were there as serious purchasers. Then he gave us very smart-alecky service and tried to double-charge us for delivery. When the freezer was delivered, the delivery men rammed into a tree in front of my house. They didn't apologize at all, didn't say hi, nothing--my daughter was just anxious for them to leave, because they were so scuzzy and creepy. Afterward, the bark was peeling from the tree and the neighbors were worried, so I reported it to the city (it was on city property) and the city took it down. The tree may have been on city property, but it did provide us shade and we do miss it.

Gregg had sent a couple of men out to inspect the damage, but as of today, I'd heard nothing back, so I called. The woman I spoke with asked me "what sort of resolution would you like to this?" I said ideally I'd like the tree replaced but that I thought a refund of my $45.00 delivery charge would be the least they could do. This afternoon a man called me back from Gregg and told me that, since the city had taken the tree down, they considered the "case closed." He sounded aghast when recounting that I'd asked for a refund of my delivery charge. He kept repeating that the "case was closed" and said there "wasn't any damage to their truck". He ignored me when I mentioned that my daughter had seen the collision happen.

I said: "Well, you won't have me as a customer again." "Okay," was his response. I'll never go back to H.H. Gregg again and plan to give them as much bad press as I can. There's no excuse for "customer service" like this in this day and age. I simply can't believe the consistent rudeness and bad service this place delivered.

• Ta
      17th of Nov, 2007

HHOn September 9, 2007 at approximately 8 AM HHGregg delivered a washer and dryer that I had purchased from them. I went out to great them because I saw the truck out of my patio window. I had been anticipating the delivery of the items I had purchased the previous day. I heard the truck (the sound of a large truck) so I figured that it could be my delivery. When I say the truck I went then to the front door and waved as I saw them getting out of the truck as to identify myself. Then I get close the door and get dressed. Then I hear a knock on my front door thinking it was the delivery person. I opened the door and it was my neighbor, Dante who stated that a neighbor called him about my car. I was unaware that my car was hit. I said ”yes I ordered a washer and dryer finally” then he said, she was outside and saw the tuck hit your car and called me. I thought it was the neighbor down stairs but it was someone else. I went to look at my car, the entire rear window was crushed in, the frame of my window was bent in. Neighbor came down for support and suggested I take photographs. I took about 7 photos or more of the outside and inside of my car. The delivery driver took a series of photos.Previous to the damage I had paint weathering on the roof of my car and a bit of paint flaking over the battery connectors on the engine hood of my car due to radiator vapor heat various door nicks and gas cap plate had chips due to gas funnel markings, and the bumper and rear had recently been repaired by Paint and Body Perfectors due to a previous accident of which I have yet to have received my deductible of 250 dollars recovery from the other party.This accident all procedures for reporting an accident were completed on September 9. Photos were taken and proper information exchanged. On September 10 2007 I contacted my insurance and the risk management company of the delivery truck. By the 11th it was settled that my insurance (Hanover) would take care of the bill and recompense the funds as a result of the repair and car rental from the risk management company of HHGREGG delivery FSA NETWORK INC. FSA NETWORK (HHGREgg delivery unit) NEVER PAID OUT.
    THE ORDEAL CONTINUES TO THIS DAY NOVEMBER 16 2007.

• Di
      20th of Nov, 2007

I will never finance anything else from HH Gregg because they use GE Money Bank and this is a VERY crooked outfit. I won't give you all the gory details but do yourself a favor before you buy from HH Gregg on their no interest for 12 months deals - Google GE Money Bank. You will see what I mean!!

14th of Dec, 2007

I spent around 5,000 dollars and received very poor service all around. The worst shopping experience of my life. Just when you think it couldn't be worse, it gets worse. There is no end to how much they can make your shopping experience miserable. Inputing the wrong information an unbelievable amount of times. It's like the sales people don't even listen to you. Then they promise same day delivery if you let the know early enough. Obvious that is for a select group because all my deliveries were scheduled for the next afternoon or evening. No morning delivery was possible for me. Even when they failed to make the delivery by the promised evening appointment, the only next appointment would have to be vague and obscure, as if they wanted you to say never mind, keep the appliance and my money. When I finally did get my delivery, It was incorrect. White instead of stainless steel. Then we go back to one person giving you a delivery date to rectify the problem. And for some reason they change the delivery address on there own. An attempt to correct the delivery address resulted in anon delivery even though I waited at the location all day. I still don't have my appliance but I am still trying to get it. I will never ever buy anything else from hhgregg. And I am canceling their credit card and cutting it up.

• Ly
      23rd of Dec, 2007

Purchased dishwasher and refrigerator. Delivered: both broken. Neither set up as per contract. Delivery left refrigerator in the hallway and dishwasher in the dining room. They took out the old dishwasher... now i'm not able to run my water or flush the toilet as the water will run all over from the loose plugs. I went into complain... store manager dalied around; sales manager told me i couldn't talk to anyone in the store .Told him... no (1st amendment)... he called police and had to arrested for trespassing. now 3 days later i have a broken dishwasher; no refrigerator; no plumbing; over $400 in lost food from the old refrigerator; a trespassing warrant... and complete rage against this company HHGREGG neeeds to be out of business.

• Bi
      27th of Dec, 2007

I bought almost top-of-the-line washer and dryer w/pedestals from hhgregg, my first experience with this company (they're new to this area) and ordered delivery and setup.

delivery was 5 hours late, they said they had wrecked the truck and would have to send another, truck had no lift gate so they had a tough time unloading, scratched my oak kitchen floor, took over an hour just to get machines in positions, and did not bring the pedestals. After a trip back to the store (on the other end of town) they returned and took another two hours getting the machines on the pedestals, said a part was missing, later fiund part after a long call back to the store, and finally had the machines working at about 11 pm. No more hhgregg for me!!!

2nd of Jan, 2008

Hmmm did any of you think of just how hard it is to please everybody? Expecially when complaints come from people you could never please. I also have had problems in stores, doesn't mean I'll never shop there again. Get a life!!! When I had a return at Gregg's I was treated like gold. The manager even came and asked if there was anything else they could do to make us happy. Where the heck do you go into a store and a manager act's like he or she cares about your experience in there store. Sure as heck not Best Buy, Circuit City, Lowes or even Home Depot!!! I shop at HHGregg all the time because of there service. Get over the bad because the good overcomes it!!!!

4th of Jan, 2008

How did you cope with life until now? LOL

• Er
      14th of Jan, 2008

I went HHGRegg yesterday about a washer to purchase. I asked them what if I found it cheapier. The sales man told me about their the written price match guarantee. I told them I found it cheapier. Instead of giving me the 10% they gave me 20.00 off a 700.00 item. Then they have a sign for FREE delivery over 400.00. It is not Free delivery there is a charge for 59.99 but then you get a rebate for 39.99. So you are still paying 20.00 for delivery. It is not FREE. I realized that they were taking me for a ride. So I left the store. Not even to purchase the item. If their written word doesnt mean anything why would I buy from them.

26th of Feb, 2008

I have purchased tow kitchens of appliances from HH Gregg, and have been very satisfied with the ### and service.

• Ju
      5th of Mar, 2008

I agree with Joe, I've had great service even when I wasn't buying a "big ticket" item. The sales staff was great and the managers were friendly, one of them even took the time to talk to me about my dog! Now I'm sure he was busy but it's that kind of "friendly" environment that makes me buy everything that I can from an HH Gregg. Also, for the lady complaining about the "FREE" delievery, if you would read the signs, they clearly say the rebate covers drop-off delievery, which amazingly enough is only $39.99, the 59.99 price is to pay for deluxe delievery which includes A LOT MORE!!! Stop complaining and go spend your money at Best Buy, get treating like ###, pay too much and then find out how good you had it at Greggs!!

• Mi
      12th of Mar, 2008

Here's what just happened to me on March 8, 2008. I went to purchase a TV from HHGregg. When we first entered the store, immediately, a young salesman approached us. We explained what we were looking for and our price range. As we were looking at the TVs, my fiance' saw a Sony TV for advertised for $1299.00. We went to look closer to see if this was what we wanted. Come to find out, the advertized label on the TV was incorrect. The $1299.00 TV was for a 42". After the salesman measured the TV, sure enough, it was 46" instead of the advertised 42". I commented that we were interested in that TV for that price since it was mislabeled, I felt like they should have given us the TV for that price. Well, the Sales Manager, Steve Yingling, was contacted. He came over and read the advertized price and description of the TV. He then asked a couple of salesmen who labeled the TV wrong. Of course nobody admitted to doing it! He told me "I am not going to give you this TV for that price". I explained to him that that was false advertisement and that legally he had to sale me the TV for that price. Again, he stated that he was not going to sell me the TV for that price but he would sell it to me for $1499.00. I told him NO. I then asked him for his name (Steve Yingling) and told him that I was going to go to News 2 Wants To Know. The next day, I emailed the CEO and Vice President about what had happened. On Monday morning, Michael Larimer (VP) called me and asked about what had happened. He then explained that they had not done anything illegal by not selling me the TV because it was not adveertised-doesn't in-store advertisement count? Like the label? He then said that he felt like I was trying to scam them! Yeah, can you believe it? I just laughed and said I don't think so. He said that there was nothing else to talk about. Before I hung up, I told him that News 2 would be contacting them. He said that that was fine. I could not believe how they handled this and accusing me of scamming them. Oh, he did offer to knock off $100.00 on any TV that I wanted to keep me as a customer. To make matters worse, I emailed Fox 8 and haven't heard back from them. All I want is for what happened to me to be investigated and warn other consumers to think twice before going there to make a purchase. This HHGregg is located in Winston-Salem, NC.

26th of Mar, 2008

i need a contact phone # for your company.

7th of Apr, 2008

I totally disagree with all the bad press that HhGregg is getting. I had the best experience!! I researched the TV that I wanted to buy before going into the store. Online the TV was selling for 1799.99. I walked into the store and a very nice sales rep named Jermaine was very knowledgeable and helpful. This same TV was listed at 2999.99, but on sale for 2199.99. I asked him if they would match my online price, and without hesitating he said "YES"!! I was estatic. Then another great sales rep, Anthony, helped us to purchase the wall mount (again HhGregg giving us another deal of about 100.00 off the regular price) and a Blu Ray HD DVD player (also 50.00 off the regular price) . We got extended warranties on both the TV and DVD player and because we got them together we saved 10% off both warranties...which basically meant we got the DVD warranty for free. We walked out of HhGregg saving approximately 500.00. We will definitely be visiting this store in Morrow, Ga again real soon. Thanks Anthony and Jermaine for your great service.

• Pa
      8th of Jul, 2008

I purchased a JVC television back in feburary 2007 i had no complaint with the tv i also purchased an extended warrinty i was told if your tv goes out just call them and they will come right out well it did go out june 26 2008 we called it took 13 days to fix my tv i am not blaming the warrianty place i contacted hh gregg about the problem she told me to call consuner relation i did that and the person was not one bit interested in my problem he seem to agree with the warrianty place he said those thing take time or something to that affect well i feel hh gregg is the one that lost because i can buy tv and appliances just about any where

• Gw
      20th of Sep, 2008

I purchased a high end washer and dryer from Hh Greg. After about 25 days the dryer started giving problems. I had purchased the edtended "lemon" warranty which the sales person explained to me was great because after 3 service calls for the same thing, you get a new appliance. GREAT. Only try to get them to stand behind it. I am not 8 service calls and 5 months into trying to get a dryer to work. They have basically NOT stood behind this product or their warranty. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN A STORE OF THEIRS AGAIN. THEY HAVE BEEN RUDE AND BASICALLY NONE CARING. PS. THE DRYER IS WHIRLPOOL AND THEY SAID TOO BAD YOU BOUGHT IT, CALL A SERVICE MAN. I WILL NEVER BUY WHIRLPOOL EITHER.

• Sh
      10th of Mar, 2009

What do you people do for a living...I would expect it is Bit$% about everything. Like Gwen, did HHGregg build your machine, NO. by the way Gwen the manufacture is responsible for the 1st year of sevice, if you would read..if you can read the brouchure you would have seen that. and I bet HHGregg is happy you wont go there any longer because you proabably acted like an idiot. Goto Best Buy or Circuit..whoops HHGregg must be better then them huh...their gone. but goto Best Buy or Sears or Lowes or Home Depot I promise you HHGregg will treat you the best. Furthermore find a company who trains their sales staff better. 80% of what you hear at those othre places are lies. Dont go into negative situations expecting to be given the world, its businss.. and by the way all of you who are complaining about never going back..They dont have to care they make 1 million dollars a month during Xmas in their little stores, who cares about you. If you would all just act like actual humanbeings and not ###s who link everybody should kiss your butt just for shopping with them we woul all be happier. Nobody owes you anything for buying something you want to buy anyway. YOU WANT IT!!! Companies arent 100% at anything, never will be. but I promise you HHGregg is the closest your going to find, ad JD Power. HHGregg is the best place to shop, its your problem if you dont go back..enjoy paying more then you should.

• Tr
      14th of Apr, 2009

I have spent over 20k at hhgreggs in 3 different states and about 9 stores i think the have treated me more than fair i had my share of issues but all is well i got the service i was promised and then some.

• Ji
      9th of Mar, 2012

hhgregg sucks!
    Deceptive, fraudulent business practices. Never again shop there.
    I bought thousands in appliance a couple years ago. Paid for delivery, which was to be credited upon delivery by a "rebate gift card". Card arrives in mail several weeks later. I mistakenly file it away with the purchase invoices/warranties and only recently re-discovered it. Went to spend it and was told card had NO VALUE. Apparently hhgregg STOLE all the funds out of the card when I had not used it for some months. Called their Executive offices and spoke to an absolute ### who claimed that there was some micrsocopic print somewhere that I "use it or lose it" MY OWN MONEY that I do not have freedom to spend as I choose!! She could find my SIGNED contract with the microprint!
    WHAT A RIP-OFF. Wrote to their CEO, lets see if I get even a courtesy response.
    Never seen such fraud. BUYERS BEWARE!!