Hewlit Packard Pavillion Pc / horrible product and support
I purchased an HP Pavillion for around $600.00 in 2007. After just a few months of using it, it essentially froze and shut down with an error message stating the difficulty was caused by an unrecoverable hardware problem. Under warranty it was returned for repair TWICE, first in May 2008. HP returned it with the CPU power supply repaired. Then almost immediately after reconnecting it, the same error message and shut down problems were experienced. I returned it again in July and it came back with, the hard drive rebuilt. I reloaded my files and used it but within 1-2 months it would not shut down. It would only go to sleeep. We had to manually shut it down. Then it wouldn't come on. I contacted HP who said it sounds like an operating system problem. Of course I didn't receive recovery disks with the original shipment of it, and since by now the computer was out of warranty, I had to pay an additional $22.00 for recovery disks. These disks could not successfully load as attempted by my IT rep, so I spent nearly an hour on the phone with HP who walked me through every attempt to successfuly load the OS possible. They concluded that the disks weren't loading likley because of a hardware problem. NOW with the computer out of warranty HP wants me to send it in for $260-$300.00 repair to reinstall the operating system.
I have never experienced such disinterest in customer satisfaction EVER. All this stress, expense, downtime in just over 2 years on a NEW computer. I will NOT EVER recommend Hewlitt Packard ANYTHING to anyone.
More Hewlit Packard Pavillion Pc Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp 3070a printer
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet pro 6968
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - warranty repair & customer service
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - tech support, cheaply built product, ripping me off, worst customer service ever
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hp service