Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company / unexpected charge for tech support
I called HP tech support and was bounced around to 3 different people. The last was "Diego".
I was charged $179.99 for a one-time fix and pitched a 3-time and a one-year "plan"!
There was no expectation of a charge until they had control of the computer and had done some work (unrelated to the printer problem as nearly as I can tell).
I had a problem with the HP printer which was printing in miniature off the web. At the very end of the 5-HOUR SESSION on the phone, the tech finally addressed the printer problem which was that it wasn't configured properly to be used with Firefox browser.
I'm not real tech savvy but I know that running graphs about the CPU does nothing but look impressive. They did that at the beginning, for nearly an hour while telling me I had thousands of errors, virus, etc. NOT!
In short, they will talk a good story, no mention of charges for what has always been free tech support... hard to understand, get control of your computer, pretend to work on the problem for a couple of hours, tell you that the charges are $$$$ and demand a card number before they will continue.
Have bought HP products for years. Never again.
More Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hewlett-packard / hp envy x360
- Hewlett Packard - tech support/possible scam 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - customer/support service