Hewlett Packard / notebooks sucks
I bought an HP notebook PC (model dv2000) spending around $1400, with the best configuration at the time an year back. Recently it started failing to start up. When I switch on the power button, all the lights lits up, but the display remains blank and it makes some annoying beeps (1 long beep and 2 short beeps follows). It doesn't start up.
When I call the HP customer service, the first thing they want to know is whether you have warranty, since I did not take any extended warranty I no longer have any warranty. The next thing they ask the customers to do is to purchase the $139 extended warranty. They won't even ask, what is your issue or whether they have a quick solution for the issue.
Now coming to the matter - HP has issued a statement last year near the time I purchased my laptop that they found some issues on some of the notebook models including dv2000 - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&cc=us&docname=c01087277&dlc=en
Although the problems that I am having with my notebook is exactly the same as that they mentioned in the website, they do not admit that my product number falls under this enhanced warranty program - So the only option for us is to buy their extended warranty and make them once again rich. It is not only that their customer service sucks, they really don't make anything good. I at least called their help desk 4-5 times, at the first two times they were not even ready to look at what they have published on their support website. After asking why, they said they have a different set of policies. - Don't you think they should walk the talk???
Even if I have to throw this PC I will NOT pay a single penny to HP anymore. So please be aware of this. You can see thousands of complaints raised by others if you do a search on the internet. HP's products and their customer service really does SUCKS!!! It is the WORST customer support I ever had.
More Hewlett Packard Complaints & Reviews
- Hp Pavilion Slimline - motherboard failures on new computers 
- Hp Pavilion Dv2000 - laptop problems 
- Hp Officejet Pro K550 - printer is hopeless! 
- Hp Dv6000 - privacy violation and poor product! 
- HP Customer Service - extremely disappointed with hp customer service! 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - officejet 5255 
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - product
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - hewlett-packard / hp envy x360
- Hewlett-Packard / HP Development Company - unexpected charge for tech support 
- Hewlett Packard - tech support/possible scam