Hertz Rental Car, Grandcaymanky / charged for preexisting damage

Fishers, United States Review updated:
Phone: 317-845-1585

We rented a car in Grand Caymans for two weeks. No incident. Returned the car as received. Agent said there was a dent in the roof. I could barely see it. We had no incident, no scratches. We were charged $250 for repair. Later they said they would repair it after the season. I seriously think this is a skam and how many others have been charged. I checked with Hertz and they have no record of repair. If this was not repaired. I feel I should have my $250 reimbursed. This does not speak well for Hertz rental philosophy.

Sh
Aug 26, 2014

Comments

• Mk
      Aug 27, 2014

If you get into a car accident and the other person pays you for the repairs, You are NOT under any obligation to get the car fixed. The money is yours to use as you wish.
    The same is true if they choose NOT to fix the car. It would make more sense for them to not fix it as they have a large turnover in cars. They will not even have that car in 2 years.

Honestly, it is not your concern what they do with the money. That's like saying they did not make a car payment with the rental money you paid.

• Rm
      Sep 15, 2014

The same thing happened to us with Dollar/Thrifty. It looks like Cayman car rental has started their version of an airline baggage fee.