Hertz Italianaextra charges

I booked a car with Hertz in Florence, I had to wait for 3 hours. When they finally delivered it I had to make them do the inspection (It was badly damaged on one side). When I returned it at the airport in Rome the gas tank was full but they charged me 193.23 euros for gas (3.39 euros a litre!) and 24.40 euros for refuelling. I did not notice the extra charge because the clever employee circled a different (lower, of course) amount on the slip. Icing on the cake, they charged me another 151 euros in November. I wrote nine emails and, finally, they replied after a month saying that the extra charge is for a damaged tire. I am currently disputing the second charge. Unfortunately, it is too late for the 218 euros I was charged for a tank of gasoline. I am furious, I will never rent from them again.

Er
Dec 26, 2014

Comments

• Er
      Dec 26, 2014

After further review of my credit card statement, I have realized that the refuelling charge has not been debited, even if it is included in the bill that was handed to me. I would, however, make sure that the tank is full in order to avoid paying 3.39 euros per litre plus a 24.40 euro refuelling fee.