Heritage Web Solutions / Unauthorized charges

Heritage Web Solutions
I spoke to Sepideh Hanks at Heritage Web Solutions on Friday (1/23/09) regarding website design and hosting. She sold me on their services over the phone and emailed me the contract to sign. When I received the contract it was entirely different than what was previously stated over the phone.

I immediately called back Heritage Web Solutions and was told Sepideh had left for the evening. I told the gentleman to cancel my account effective immediately. He assured me that there would be no charges to my debit card and that the account had been closed.

Today (1/26/09) I checked my bank account online and there was $170.00 debited to my account. I have been on the phone for the last hour with 6 different people from Heritage Web Solutions and they refuse to credit back the $170.

Anyone considering doing business with this company needs to beware. They are thieves!

N  29th of Oct, 2008 by
Heritage Web Solutions has not only *not* finished contracted work 2 months out from the stated finish date but they continue to put huge charges on our company credit card for which there was no agreement.

Otherwise called THEFT.

Credit Card company was notified and stated they "cannot stop the charging" you can only dispute them, even if they are reported as fraudulent in nature. Its a Dickensian nightmare.

I have never seen dealt with a company that so consistently flirts with fraud and outright fraud so persistently without being busted.
A  29th of Oct, 2008 by
Yep everything you read about any of the complaints is true. Don't trust this company. I signed them up to develop a website that was botched so badly I cancelled the project after just 5 weeks of working with them. For that I got bilked out of $1, 340. This company is run by crooks.
A  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Wow that's really sad. First of all, contact your bank & do a charge back. If you did it through a debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo, they'll charge the amount back to Heritage & they dont take kindly to businesses that steal customers money. After a certain amount of charge backs, they're ability to accept payment throuhg that vendor (Visa or Mastercard) is LOST.

Secondly, contact your bank about the unauthorized charges. They don't take kindly to that either. They normally will have you fill out a form stating what happened, then sick their fraud department on them.

Third, contact www.consumerist.com with your story. They'll post it for their millions of readers to see so they don't get swindled either.

Fourth, take them to small claims court. Since they're doing business in your state (via the internet), it will be too expensive to send a rep or a lawyer to your state to fight it, so most likely you'll get a default judgment. If they DID send a rep or lawyer for your small claims court date, you just have to give your evidence to the judge. He'll make them pay you back + interest + damages (not having that money, etc etc).

Good luck!
D  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
DON'T TAKE CIGSM's ADVICE! without thinking hard about it!

The problem with doing charge backs on a credit card is, even if you WIN the chargeback you get a negative on your credit score. That's right, they actually penalize you for filing a charge back even if it is totally righteous and you have been scammed. I'd recommend trying to work it out with the company first before filing any kind of chargeback.

And recommending someone to file a chargeback after ONE DAY of "dispute" is incredibly irresponsible. If the company hasn't given you your money back, then try to work it out through their system. After looking at them, they have been in business for a while now (2000) which means they are probably legit and if you DIDN'T get your money back it was probably some kind of misunderstanding.
N  13th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I strongly disagree with your stance on chargebacks! I have to say, that large companies need to know that we the consumers are in charge! The quickly forget who hands them money and pays their salary!

I think it is time that consumers stand up and be counted! We need to use the tools that we have at our disposal! One of those great tools are chargebacks! We can use them to punish companies that we don't like and take away their ability to have credit card transactions, and in the end take away their ability to do business!

So don't be afraid to do a chargeback or two! You are exercising your right, power and privilege as a consumer!
D  16th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
zuesfl - How can a chargeback benefit you if it HARMS you? ANYTIME you file a chargeback it affects your credit in a negative way, and when you LOSE a chargeback if affects your credit severely! You can get nicked on your credit up to 20 points for a chargeback! So if you lose a chargeback, you not only lose your money but get a negative nick on your credit score as well.

How can this be seen as a positive thing?

There are other ways to make your opinion heard.
A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Same here,
9 months after the happy happy sales person sold me on a promise of a 4 to 6 week completion date
{without any explanation mind you about project size or intricacy -sneaky huh? I didn't hear about that till a MONTH after I signed my contract, though I gave them an outlined design and explanation of what I wanted on day 1- otherwise how could they quote me a price?}
and 700 dollars plus tons of stress and anger later. I had to walk away too.
I finally figured out they were never going to give me a site that worked without issues. This, after I'd lost my momentum, integrity with my peers {who were promised a completion date numerous times that came and went}, and the desire to even have a website.

My experience with this company sucked so bad it's almost unbelievable. I have no idea how they are in business. I have my own business and if I pulled any of what they pulled on me during that 9 months I'd have my ear yelled off. And rightfully so.

It's insane. They must have magicians and shite working for them somewhere. Only their magicians can't finish websites.
Be warned.
N  21st of Sep, 2009 by

I paid almost $3000 for custom programming, they keep on saying they have people work on it, after half years nothing was ever done, and they are charging hosting fee everything month. we cant wait for any longer for our website to go live, business has to run. we called to cancel the service and get money back for the works which not finish, but they said THEY DONT HAVE TIME LIMITE TO FINISH THE WORK ON THE CONTRACT, AND THEY HAVE RIGHT NOT TO ISSUE REFUND, and they said they will cancel our website, we need to look for other company to host it. we cant file dispute with credit card company after 3 month, WTF we lost $3000 for nothing. We are looking an atterney to sue this company, I can join you guys if anybody else want to sue this company, please contact me johnli7777@hotmail.com
N  20th of Oct, 2009 by
I have used Heritage for 6 years and have purchased 4 websites and have been extremely pleased with my clients responses to them. In fact Sepideh Hanks was my consultant and she was excellent in informing me on their products and their benefits. She is someone who I recognize as an asset that I would want to employ for my firm.
In reading "Polly's" post on "unauthorized charges" it doesn't sound like the complaint should be on Sepideh. I have used this firm for so long now that your post sounds very sloppy. Why didn't you post the name of the gentlemen who said he was supposed to cancel the account or the accountant who sent you the wrong contract instead? It doesn't sound like Sepideh is the one who gave you info in error. I don't see why you have her name posted when you could have called accounting or gotten a confirmation from the gentlemen canceling your account. I would recommend this firm to anyone in need of a unique site that looks good and that helps you get your business out there.
-J.Johnson, IL
N  27th of Nov, 2009 by
johnson aka dave aka ryan read the truck load of complaints about ### web design all over this website and internet and at