Herbergers Credit Department / Shop somewhere other that Herbergers

I am writing because of the response and treatment I received from Herbergers Credit Department. I am trying to help pay for, or completely pay for my mother-in-law’s credit card with Herbergers. I was given power of attorney to discuss her account. I even mailed and faxed Herbergers the power of attorney. They refused to help, to talk about the account, or give advice other than a scant $128.00 off if I paid in full, a bill that was close to $1,600.00.

My mother-in-law is close to declaring bankruptcy, and can no longer make the payments. Rather than have her go into bankruptcy, I volunteered to pay her bill. Herbergers treated me as if I had a disease. I offered to pay the bill in part, or in full using my credit card. They refused payment from my credit card.

I then asked for a reduction in the total bill if I paid the bill by check. They only wanted the full amount with no discount, and told me if the bill was late…they would tack on late charges for each day it was late. I went ahead and paid part of the bill anyway , but will not shop at Herbergers anymore. Everyone I know will also hear this complaint...as they say...the power of six.

I want people to know the treatment I received from Herbergers. I have never been a Wall-Mart fan….but please...shop somewhere other that Herbergers.

Comments

• Yo
      8th of May, 2011

Herbergers itself has nothing to do with the credit services. Its HSBC that the herbergers store card goes through.

• Li
      17th of Oct, 2011

I was at midway herbergers oct 16, 2011 about 3pm-3:30 an i was up stairs in the mens dept an my husband wanted to try these 3 pair of jeans on there was a lady who was walking by i said excuse me had to say it 3 times when she turned around she said "WHAT DO YOU WANT I SAID DO YOU WORK HERE she stated yes not in this dept i ask can you find someone or page someone so my husband can try on these clothes an I ask if she like her job because that's not how you answer to c customer she worked in make up when i asked her name she walked off fast i go to midway all the time i will look for her an get her name an report her to the manager because that's not how you treat people i had my herberger's credit card for 5yrs now i'm thinking about cancelling it. my email address is Romerocoleman@aol.com

• Li
      17th of Oct, 2011

I couldn't beleive how the worker answed me even if you have a bad day you still put on a smile people should be happy to have a job these days.

• Mr
      3rd of Nov, 2015

I obtained a Herberger's charge card three months ago in Missoula Montana. I made a purchase and received the bill
    so quickly I hadn't even received the card in the mail. Paid the bill. Made another charge, once again received the
    card and the bill. Paid. Month three, purchased $87.97. received the bill, due on 9/28/15. Had the flu, didn't drive into
    Missoula (50minute drive each way) until the 28th. paid the bill five days late. Received a $29.00 overdue bill. I have
    cancelled the card. Will NEVER enter the store again after I return the last purchase I made and pay the late fee with
    it. Cancel all the discount coupons and flyers Herberger's has flooded me with. Mrs Herberger's son Michael lives
    in our winter condo area. Boy will I have a few negatives for Mike Donovan and any of my friends who shop in
    the Missoula male. Mrs Mary Williams, Florence Montana 30% Plus for five days NOT OK

• Ho
      21st of Mar, 2017

Shopping online with Herbergers. Really, does it take 2-3 weeks to get and order. Wow-I guess that is what you are given when you order online and free shipping. If you need your items in a hurry, do not order from Herbergers.