Heartland America / telemarketing scam

1 United States

I received a call from a Heartland America representative on 09/28/17 that informed me that I had been overcharged from a previous order by $3.00 and that my credit card would be refunded. He went on to say that to apologize for this overcharge he would send me some Heartland dollars coupons. He made NO mention of their Value Club or nor did he ask if I wanted to join. My credit card was billed $29.99 for this Value Club on 10/02/17. After trying to contact their customer services three times by phone and wait times of 12-15 minutes, I gave up trying to contact them and called my credit card to reverse the charges. I was credited only $21.99, $8.00 short of the original illegal charge. I finally got in touch with their customer service and was told the missing $8.00 credit was for the difference in the Value Club price and the regular price of my order. I will never do business with them ever again. Oh and by the way the cost of the Value Club membership is listed as $19.99 on their website, not $29.99.

Mr