HDFC bank Credit Card / undue harassment

1 India Review updated:

This is with reference to my credit card problem since April 2006 and after plenty of requests nobody listens to my problem and not even I've received my credit card statements, but after requesting so many times at last I received missing statements through e-mail then I go through it and after finding pending entries I made full and final payment of Rs 5050/- except undue charges that was only due to delay for sending the monthly statements by HDFC credit card division.

Now I have received legal notice for pending payment of Rs. 12150.25/- in that notice it is also mentioned that I am not available on the telephone nos. which I've provided to the company but for your kind information I am using the same no from last 3 years and so many times I've received calls from HDFC mumbai head office and discussed my problem with concerned person but they were unable to give satisfactory answers to me.

Following is the detailed task of my problem:-

1. Dated 10-03-2006 - given written request in local HDFC Bank branch located at Sangrur for reversal of smart pay in LIC that credit card division has wrongly paid to LIC co.(discussed through mails) but they refused to pay back even when it was their fault.
2. Dated 18-04-2006 – Evening 4.20 P.M talked to Ms Arpana at chandigarh customer care office and requested for pending statements so that I can pay the pending bill amount but I didn’t receive the same.
3. Dated 20-05-2006 – Morning 11.05 A.M talked to Ms Parul Desai, explained her all detail of my case and requested for the statements but I didn’t receive the same.
4. Dated 18-06-2006 – sent fax to chandigarh credit card division( fax- [protected]) for reversing the charges for wrongly paid smart pay premium and requested for pending credit card statements but they didn’t respond to me.
5. Dated 01-08-2006 – After so many requests I never ever received any statement from the company so I paid Rs 1450/- as on 1-8-2006 that I was remembered to pay.
6. Dated 20-09-2006 - Again I requested for credit card statement on customer service but again I ve not recd.
7. Dated 30-10-2006 – still I was not having any statement from your side but I paid Rs 4234 that I was remembered to pay.
8. Dated 20-11-2006 - Amount Paid Rs 12429 /- of LIC
9. Dated 28-11-2006 - I again requested for the statement on customer service but again I was waiting for the same. But then I ve paid Rs 8772+3650 = 12422/- of my purchasing.
10. Dated [protected] – Paid Rs 2500.

In the mean while I started conversation through e-mail with customer service you can check with reference no – [protected].
After receiving my missing statements through email I paid my unpaid bills that comes around Rs 5050/- and that was my full and final payment after that I stopped using the HDFC card.

That was all about my bad experience with HDFC bank credit card and even after so much harassment I've received legal notice from their side now??

Warm rgrds
Mandeep Singh.
[protected]

Comments

13th of Mar, 2009

Respected Sir,
    Myself Manjit Singh HDF BANK INTERNATIONAL GOLD CARD 5176521005418514 has been cotinously requesting for statement of account.but no responce from your executive.Requesting since three months.KINdly send me details and vave off the intrest.Send your executive to collect the money and release my card.There is no fault of mine.You can see my previous statement. Thanks.
    MANJIT SINGH

• Ra
      19th of May, 2011

yes, its all true, dnt evr go for HDFC credit card.

• Ni
      13th of Apr, 2014

HI MY NAME IS NITIN KARANWAL I HAVE RUNNING MY SALARY ACCOUNT SINC 2011, I HAD APPLIED 6 TIME FOR CREDIT CARD EVERY TIME THEY DECLINE MY CARD BECAUSE OF STANDING INSTRUCTION CAN YOU BRIED WHAT WOULD BE THE ELIGIBLITY I NEED TO CARRY FORWARD FOR FURTHER IN CASE I AM GOING TO CLOSE MY ACCOUT WITH YOU

• Ni