Havertys Furniture / Racism
I have never been so offended in all of my life. My Mother and I were shopping for a sleeper sofa for her guest room. We found one that she liked, and asked the associate if we could still get the sale price from the day before. Our associate asked the store manager, who is white by the way, if it was possible. He abruptly said no, and we left to shop around. Well, my Mother still really liked the sleeper sofa that she had seen at Haverty's, so we went back. As we were waiting for the nice ladies at the front desk to ring our sale up, we overheard another sales associate asking the store manager for the sale price from the day before. HE SAID YES! And, what a coincidence, they were white!!!
I've have to deal with things like this my whole life. But, knowing that Haverty's is a southern company, I guess I should not have expected good treatment to begin with.
As for the sleeper sofa, we purchased one from Kittles Furniture instead. I will tell EVERYONE I know about my experience, and I hope others will follow suit.
More Havertys Furniture Complaints & Reviews
- Havertys Furniture - Their high prices from an employee's point of view 
- Havertys Furniture - High Prices 
- Havertys Furniture - Ridiculous company 
- Havertys Furniture - Hidden delivery fees 17% of purchase price 
- Havertys Furniture - Poor quality furniture and unresolved issues 
- Haverty Furniture Companies - sleeper sofa, duvets & warranties
- Havertys Furniture - havertys pay policies: dewey, cheetum & howe
- Haverty Furniture Companies - leather castleton sofa and loveseat
- Haverty Furniture Companies - gay bashing
- Haverty Furniture Companies - recliners