Havertys Furniture / Racism

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I have never been so offended in all of my life. My Mother and I were shopping for a sleeper sofa for her guest room. We found one that she liked, and asked the associate if we could still get the sale price from the day before. Our associate asked the store manager, who is white by the way, if it was possible. He abruptly said no, and we left to shop around. Well, my Mother still really liked the sleeper sofa that she had seen at Haverty's, so we went back. As we were waiting for the nice ladies at the front desk to ring our sale up, we overheard another sales associate asking the store manager for the sale price from the day before. HE SAID YES! And, what a coincidence, they were white!!!
I've have to deal with things like this my whole life. But, knowing that Haverty's is a southern company, I guess I should not have expected good treatment to begin with.
As for the sleeper sofa, we purchased one from Kittles Furniture instead. I will tell EVERYONE I know about my experience, and I hope others will follow suit.
Dee Sanchez

De

Comments

14th of Sep, 2008

I am white, my haverty's sales person is black. Two days in a row he gave me the same quote for my furniture (15 items). Now he cannot sell them for that price unless I agree to purchase the protection plan or more furniture. Do you think it is because I am white?

• He
      19th of Nov, 2008

Get over it this like this happen it doesnt have to do if your white or not i work for a retailer and its the same thing it really just marcket strategy

• Mi
      6th of Oct, 2009

If that is really true. I challenge you to name names and submit a complian to Havertys.com
    If you won't then I doubt it.