Havertys Furniture / Fraud and cheating

I purchased a lift chair for my father in April. It was not delivered until May. On September 12, the chair quit working with my father in a reclining position. (He's 84) Since then we can not get the chair fixed. Oh, we paid for the Golden Plan, but was told with a lift chair it would be repaired in 3 days if anything happened. Well today is October 15, and the chair still hasn't been fixed. My dad can not get up and down. He has been to the doctor twice to get medicine for his knees since this started. DON'T BUY Haverty's!!!

Va

Comments

He
  19th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

some parts are easier to get han other mechanism take from 4-6 weeks if you can find another funiture store that are quiker let me know, FYI there isnt one i know for a fact that havertys customer service will get the issue solved before 30 days, and it is a reasonable amount of time if you brake it

Mi
  6th of Oct, 2009

Again people, READ! Havertys did not make the merchandise. They are a distributor and are same as you, bounded by vendor's warranty and procedures. I find it really funny when people complain without really understanding how this works. I am not sure if this is just a brain fart or plain ignorance by choice. When you buy a furniture, ask first, who the original vendor is, what is the warranty. I did not have any idea what Golden plan is until lately. It is a warranty againts Customer damage only for 5 yrs, not against vendor defects!!! Obviously, you are ignorant by choice.

Su
  23rd of Nov, 2009

Look just call the store ask for the shop manager, thay will say he is at the distribution center, get that phone #, it is a eazy fix, thay most liky have the part on hand, the shop will hold parts that only thay know they have, the shop can cut all red tape and just fix it.