Hathway / Refund and Redressal

India Review updated:
I had hired internet services of M/s Hathway Broadband Internet on Jan 16, 2007. The package was for six months with 3GB download capacity. During these six months the service was never reliable. It had lot of interruptions and the service practically came to halt in the month of April 2007. Due to these problems we were unable to utilize even 50% of the download capacity offered by the package, apart from the agony
caused by the inturrupted services.

Despite being aware of the problems faced by us, Hathway sent a
reminder for renewal of the package, for the service that was
practically non-functional since April 2007.

After prolonged communication, Hathway confessed that they are unable to provide these services in our locality. They even agreed to refund all the money that was paid by us for this package.

As I was out of India, I had told Hathway not to take away their equipment (Modem) till I return to Mumbai. Based on my experience with them, I had told them to take the Modem only after sending the refund cheque. However, their technicians visited our house in my absence and took away the modem by misleading my 80 year old mother. After taking the situation in their control Hathway is ignoring my requests for the refund as agreed earlier.

So far, I have written 40 emails to Hathway on this issue which should have been resolved long ago.

Comments

Sa
  4th of Jan, 2008
After the delay of more than six months and prolonged commnication with Hathway, I have finally received the refund cheque Jan 04, 2008.

In this case I would say that "Justice was delayed but not denied".
Rs
  7th of Oct, 2008
I have my own experience. I had to take the Hathway connection because MTNL line was faulty and in my complex Hathway has a monopolistic tie-up with the builder. In the beginning, the connection was OKay but it started giving problems after sometime. Because I had no option, I continued with the service and even renewed my subscription for an another year. There were more problems.
In the last week of August 2008, I receieved a pamphlet informing that another faster and more service was available.
On inquiry, I was informed thatthe new service was indeed so and that if I took the new service, I may get refund for the old service and that the new service will be available within 24 Hours.
I fell for the offer and issues a cheque for Rs.1124.
No body turned for providing the connection. When I tried contcating the sales executive, he sounded ignorant of the problem and assured to do something but nothing happened.

I waited for a week but still no contact was made. When I tried calling the helpline, it was an arduous task to get through. I would always end in a loop and the only way to come out would be to hang up in frustration. I persisted and a number of trials and wasted calls, I was able to talk to someone, who very rudely asked me to contact the concerned sales office.

It was the same story. Finally my wife was able to talk to someone and it was agreed that the order would be cancelled and we would given a refund cheque in two weeks. But that cheque is still elusive.

I do not know what to do.

Hathway Logo Hathway