Harrahs in Reno, NV / the room/front desk

1 United States

Hi, we were just there as a overnight trip with my girl friends. We checked in on Saturday the 25th, and the reservation was under Tammy Hannah, she had a comp night as she is a rewards member as I am too. I can't tell you how disappointed I was. They checked us in to a room on the 6th floor, I felt like we were in a room that was only given to people that were on comp status. The room was not clean, still had garbage in the bathroom garbage cans, also was not prepped as it should be, no Kleenex in the dispenser. My friends and I went out for the night, we returned about 1 am, I took a shower and noticed that the water was not draining, when I got out of the shower, the water was half way full, also the fan did not work in the bathroom, nor did the air conditioner work, so the room was very muggy. When I checked the shower a hour later it still was not draining. We then called the front desk and complained, the person at the front desk said "oh well we will get someone up there to see what's going on" We asked how long, she said I don't know when they get there, she was very rude. We hung up, but then called back and demanded a new room, she called us back and said I will move you, so we had to pack up everything, in our pajamas and then went to the 14th floor. The valet showed up to move us and told us that the tubs don't drain, its a problem with the pipes in the walls. Wow I thought, how could you be having people stay in this hotel this way. We went up to the new room, to find out when my friend took her shower it was not draining for her as well. It was now 2:30 am, same issues and everyone could not take a shower. This was the first time I have stayed at your hotel, my husband and I normally stay at El Dorado or Silver Legacy, I am a rewards member and I really don't understand how I was treated or the condition in which you have your customers stay. I really should call the health board, I am pretty sure that does not reach the standards in which they require. It really is a shame, because it is people like us in which keep people coming to Reno and brining in the revenue for your hotel. I would try your hotel again, but I am hoping you will make this right, I think that all of us who stayed in the room should be given a chance to stay in your hotel again and experience the stay in which you advertise. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you, Connie McMartin.
[protected]