Having problems with Harrah's Resort?

Harrah's Resort reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jan 15, 2009. The latest review Hotel / customer service was posted on Jun 6, 2020. The latest complaint customer service was resolved on Jun 07, 2013. Harrah's Resort has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 40 reviews. Harrah's Resort has resolved 12 complaints.

Harrah's Resort Customer Service Contacts

777 Harrah's Blvd
Atlantic City, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Harrah's Resort Customer Service. Initial Harrah's Resort complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Harrah's Resort above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Harrah's Resort. Discuss the issues you have had with Harrah's Resort and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Harrah's Resort Complaints & Reviews

Harrah'sSecruity

On July 17, my 3 friends and I stayed at Harrah's for my best friends 21st birthday. We also had 6 other friends come to AC with us, but they were staying in comp rooms at The Tropicana. Because we were planning on going to 'The Pool' to dance and have a good time, our friends at Tropicana came to our hotel room to finish getting ready before heading downstairs.
At just about 11:15 pm, right before planning to leave to go to The Pool, security comes to the door and asks to speak to the owner of the room. At this time, we figure it was a noise complaint and start gathering our belongings we were bringing with us to go to the club when my friend comes back into the room from talking to security and tells us we are being EVICTED. Mind you, there was no warning or previous attempt to quiet us down; there was one knock on the door just to kick us out.
After trying to explain to the security guard that we will leave to go to the club right now and only four of us were coming back here to sleep and we will stop being so noisy, he said multiple times "back your bags and leave" without wanting to hear any of us say anything about it. He stayed outside the room while we got our things.
As we started backing our bags and getting every thing we own together before being kicked out, the security guard AGAIN, comes into the room asking whats taking so long. Well, now that I'm sober enough to answer this question, WE'RE PACKING OUR BAGS UP. This includes all of our make up, hair brushes, dresses, clothes and whatever else we have laying around so we don't have anything left behind.
As soon as we go downstairs to "check out", two of my friends go to management and were told after being evicted there is nothing they can do. So, you're telling me after kicking four 21 year old girls out of the streets of Atlantic City, there's nothing you can do for us, for our safety, for the money we put up to sleep in your hotel?
This hotel is a joke. I have never in my 21 years of living heard of such disgrace from a hotel staff as a whole. There was no warning, no money given back, no place for us to stay. Just kicked out and expected to put up another $160+ at another hotel. I can not fathom the anger and frustration I had last night that has continued and only grew for this establishment.

Harrahs Casinocustomer service

When I booked online, I ordered a 3 night package that included the room and $100 dollars worth of spa credit for each day. I got two massages that came out to $330 dollars which means my bill should of been 30 dollars. When I looked up my bill, it said I owed over 600 dollars. So I went down to the front desk, waited in line for 30 minutes just to get to the desk, which is another issue all by itself, and was told by desk agent Michelle that the bill was correct. I told her everything was paid in advance so she went to the back, came out 5 minutes later with a new bill and said our reservations department put it in wrong and your new bill is only 400 dollars. I told her, no its not, try again. She said you got 4 massages, I told her I got two. She went to the back again, and came out and said the salon double charged you and your new bill is 160 dollars. I told her, no its not, and to please get a manager. This time it took 15 minutes for Nisha to come out and say she was going to do me a courtesy and only charge me 80 dollars which is the correct total with room service. I said how are you doing me a courtesy when it was your mistake. She said it was the salon's mistake not theirs. So we went round and round and not one time, did she even try to apologize, which is all I really wanted, she just kept blaming them and said how she was doing me a favor. I said, I just wasted almost an hour of my life to fix your hotel's mistake, and your doing me a favor? So I asked for copies of the other invoices to make sure everything was taken off correctly, she told me she threw them away. I said, no problem, just get them out, she refused. So I said, why would you refuse to give me copies of the bill unless you were hiding something. I asked for the hotel manager, she said he was busy. I asked to speak to someone in charge, she proceeded to tell me if I didn't settle down, she would call security. So let me get this straight, you make a 600 dollar mistake in your favor, you make the guest wait an hour in line, and then you are going to call security when the guest calls you out for it.

Stay aware from this casino, it used to be the best, but when you talk to the employees, they tell you how bad things are. The pool is great, some of the staff go out of their way for you. The male bartender at the mexican restaurant, the female dealer at the single deck blackjack table, the housekeeping staff were all excellent, but checking in and out is a joke. 30 to 45 minutes to check in, and they act like it's no big deal. By far the worst employees I met work at the front desk, Michelle, Nisha, and an african fellow all showed poor customer service skills and a lack of common sense.

Harrahs — HARRAHS CASINO

Harrahs (Bacarrat) I had a 40 dollar bet on the player and the dealer called tie hand. when there is a tie...

Harrahsslots

The slot machines have the worst pay back% of any on the planet. They can rape you at will because there is no competition

sammyc Sep 30, 2012

This casino is one of if not the worst casino on the planet. I have been here many times and the pay back% sucks and I mean sucks bad. They have no competition and can rape you at will. I will never go there again and the crowds are down and I hope they go out of business. The daily and yearly pay outs that they show on there screens are very misleading. Do not go to this casino. After spending about a $1000 or so, you get a $2 comp, big deal!!! Tell all not to go here...

Harrah's Casino — Racist

Filled with discrimination and racist working in casino. Only the white people were allowed to go through...

Cherokee

Harrahs Cherokee Casino — Scam

I am a 11 year customer with Harrahs. A DIAMOND player. In July 2010, I received a handpay from a machine for...

Harrahs — Extreme Employee Abuse

Harrahs Casino Employees Need HELP!! Why would they care? They dont care about their own employees!! There...

Harrah'sPoor Customer Service

Friends came from France to visit me, so I booked them the Waterfront tower...thinking it's Harrah's new building, and it looks nice...And I booked myself the Waterclub in Borgata.
        We arrived on 8/25 Thursday afternoon, then by night time, people are already talking about Atlantic City being evacuated by 8/26 6am. So I decided to head home that same night to beat the traffic and because I live close to the shore of Sandy Hook...thinking my house might be evacuated too! So i need to get home asap.
        I went to the Waterclub front desk, explained to them about the situation, the manager said right away, if I decide to leave that same night, he will give me a refund...and which he did, with no problem.

Then I head over to Harrah's to pick up my friends...first, we were online to check out for 1 hour. They only had ONE receptionist at the front desk! Then when it's my turn, I explained the situation to the guy...then he said "casino is not closing down as of now, we are not forcing you to leave...so we will not give you the refund."
        Harrah's really does not care about their customers, just want to make money...
        On top of that...I was so mad while I was checking out, so I did not look carefully...I got home, looked at the receipt...they charged me a deposit (equals to a 1 night stay amount), and also charged me an additional 1 night...so basically they charged me double!

I WILL NEVER STAY W/ HARRAH'S AGAIN!

• Oh
            OhWowReally Sep 03, 2011

I would just complain to their corporate offices. I can almost guarentee you will be refunded. The front desk people probably had no idea what corporate was going to officially do at that point. He/She isn't going to say "no problem, you won't be charged" if nothing has been made official, otherwise they could get fired for giving wrong information to customers.

Harrah's Chester Casino — No food served at copper mug unless your in the poker rooms.

Harrah's chester does not serve food at the copper mug located on the 2nd level to it's bar...

Harrahs ResortNo benefits for Diamond members Stay away

11, 00 points a year would give yuo a diamond status in Harrah's including free visits to diamond lounge.

I had made a diamond year of 2010 (benefits started in Apr 1 2011) Today Jun 9th I received a letter from Harrah's (YOUR ENHANCED DIAMOND LOUNGE EXPERIENCE IS HERE!) that stating from June 13th I can no longer go to Diamond Lounge for free. It has to come from total rewards credits (have to gamble more :) I can not even pay cash. Basically they took 10 months of free admissions away.

Being a diamond I do not receive comp rooms no more, I have to pay for them, only 2 buffets Mon-Thu which I cannot use anyway

Harrah's robbed me, tricked me into spending my money hoping for diamond lounge admission.

DO NOT TRUST HARRAH"S STAY AWAY !

Harrah's — Diamond Scam

DO NOT GAMBLE IN ANY HARRAH'S (CEASAR'S) CASINOS: Also BE AWARE OF DIAMOND SCAM. You will not...

Harrah'sHarrah's charged us $1,200 on our Amex card without our signing anything

The VIP lounge at Harrah's told us our meals would be free also.

The following month Harrah's charged us $1, 200 on our Amex card without our signing anything.

I do hope that gambling everywhere hasn't become so dishonest. I know we will never return to a Harrah's anywhere.

This is the second time Harrah's has mislead us. Several years ago I won entry to a drawing of 90 people for a car in Harrah's, Las Vegas. We flew out and found at least 400 including high rollers.

That was contrary to the drawing rules and many people were unhappy with Harrah's.

• Gi
                gina777 Jun 10, 2011

You are absolutely right. Harrahs can not be trusted. They conduct business in unprofessional way. Government should be more involved when big casino crporations mislead and scam people.

Harrahs Cherokee Casino — Customer treatment

Cherokee

Harrah's Atlantic City, NJDouble charge of credit card

We wanted to go to AC for long weekend. Called the 800# on our Total Rewards card. We were told that a room would be free for Sunday night, but for Saturday night the hotel was booked. The lady (Mary) said that for the one night charge it would be $249+tax at Harrah's, then Sunday night we would have a free room at their sister hotel, Ceasars. I said that I would have to talk to my husband, and to hold the room for ten minutes until I called back. Well, when I said that, miraculously the rate came down to $100.
              I gave the phone to my husband. He put the charge on the credit card. He told her that we would be arriving late, around 11pm. She said that the room would only be held until midnight, and that we would have a king bed, smoking room.
              We arrived at 11:20pm.
              Rachelle, the front desk clerk, said that the room was $181, and that we had a double room, non-smoking. We were upset, to say the least. But, after driving 3 hours, we knew that there was nothing we could do at that late hour as far as finding another hotel with a vacancy. My husband said that if we were paying $181 we needed a King smoking. She said that she had to talk to her supervisor. She disappeared for 12 minutes. She came back, said we would be in a double smoking. Best she could do. And the dispute of the room charge? She has no authorization to lower the rate, all she does is what the screen tells her, and that is to charge $181. She says we have to talk to her OTHER supervisor in the morning...
              We get to the room, room 503...
              Broken safe.
              Price tag from piece of clothing on floor.
              Bobby pin on the floor.
              Two long black hairs in sink.
              The bottom sheet on bed wasn't covering the bottom of the mattress, which I discovered when I lay down, got under the covers, and my bare feet touched the mattress...disgusting.
              The next morning we go to check out after getting 2 coffees, of which we were charged an extra $1.30 for extra half&half. When we ask for Rachelles supervisor, we are told that she is out of town, but we were given her business card with her email address. (I wrote her an email three days ago, and have gotten no response...her name is Mrs. Santana.) We were also told to pay a $10 tax for something to do with a new NJ law, whatever, we paid in cash and were handed our reciept.
              Ceasars was a million times better. Nice people at the front desk (our guy was Frank, he was incredible). We got a king bed, smoking, clean clean clean room, everything about it was better.

Monday we get home and check our bank account online.
              We were charged the following...
              $181.26 for our stay Saturday night.
              $10 for the tax that we paid cash for, as indicated on our reciept.
              $231.26 for something that was never authorized, no idea what the heck that was for, and whenever we call, which we have done 9 times now, no one has an answer, and no one seems to know when any one in management will return from vacation. Apparently all of the managers and supervisors go away at the same time, leaving a bunch of incompetent ###s to run the whole casino/hotel.

All told, we were charge a grand total of $422.52 for one night at Harrah's. Original cost told to us?? $100...and no one can give us the courtesy of a phone call or email to help us out in removing the extra charge. Needless to say, we won't be returning. And we both plan on telling all of our friends and family about the horrible customer service/scams going on at Harrah's of Atlantic City.

Harrah'sdisrespect

I just wanted to chime in as a new "Total Rewards" customer. I visited the Harrah's Ak-Chin Casino in Arizona recently and due to the horrible customer service that was downright rude and disrespectful, I will steer clear of all Harrah's properties in the future. One visit was enough. We were told at the buffet that unless we were a "Diamond" member, we couldn't get a 2nd crab cracker at our table of 5. There is a definite "caste" system in place and as a new member, I was given a gold rewards card as was my elderly mother. When we went over to the Cashier's cage (properly standing in line at the "Gold" window) she was almost run over when the Cashier called over a woman standing in the "Diamond" line. Not even an "excuse me" from either of them. I understand rewarding regular patrons, but I can't say that I have ever had a company so clearly discourage my business, especially since as a new customer, they know nothing about me.

• Da
                    Dave Mike Jul 23, 2013

I totally agree with you about Harrah AK chin's staff, , , Especially at the players reward desk. Been going to Casinos for 30 years and never seen this level of unproffesionalism, clowning, disrespect, at a players club counter?? I've seen it with maybe a clean up person or slot attendent there but Total Reward counter? Thats tragic for a casino. Sad Sad case, , And the suppervisor was a joke, , , , , , smh!!! I'm going as high as i can go with my complaint.

• Ll
                    LLtahoe May 30, 2011

I used to date an executive host at Harrah's Lake Tahoe. I broke up with him for his infedelity and later found out that he had permanetly black listed me to be a no-hire for the entire company. This guy no longer works there and I was a great employee...Harrah's Corporation Sucks!!!

• Tr
                    Trader John Apr 02, 2011

You are right on with the caste system, I cant imagine how much trouble this has caused with customer relations over the years. Yesterday I was in Harrahs in Joliet Il.
                    They had three cashier windows, two were for diamond members with no customers there. The third window was for th common folk and it had eight customers waiting in line. They had one employee directing customers away from the diamond window unless they showed the diamond card. When I finally got up to the regular window I cashed in my chips and asked for the cage manager to voice my concern, basically he acted like he didn't want to hear it as I'm sure he's heard it many times before, so I had to tell them they sucked. I started playing at Harrahs in Lake Tahoe in 1979 and it was a very well run establishment back in the day.
                    They won't be seeing a hole lot of action from me in the future.
                    I just love the story about asking for an extra crab cracker, ( diamond members only) just can't make stuff up, I almost fell off my chair laughing.
                    I use to be a diamond member, however im in Florida over half the year and I don't qualify anymore. They want you there often and their caste system helps promote degenerate gamblers.

Harrahs — Poor customer service

I recently got back from Harrahs casino. Now Keep in mind im a diamond member and have gone to harrahs since...

Harrahs — very poor service

Long story short. Back in 1982 I joined Harrahs players club in NJ. I had not been into any Harrahs property...

Harrah's CasinoAward Claim Center

I received a phone call from Anthony yesterday telling me that I had to go to Harrah's Casino in the next 5 days and scratch off a ticket to win one of three prices. I was supposed to get a confirming email giving me all of the information. They had my phone number, address and email address becausing I filled out a form to win a car. One of the prices is an automobile. I believe this is just marketing to get people into Harrah's Casino. I called Harrah's yesterday and no one has called me back. This may be a scam.

• Ay
                      ayybui Dec 25, 2014

I went to harrah casino an got rejected for my Hawaii I.d tonight, they put me to shame saying my I.d is fake an they still throw me into jail for trespassing wtf? First off? When they check the i.d book? It showed driver license?? I lost my driver license in new York last week ??!!! I'm from Hawaii not the south!! How dare he threaten me if I'm about to be 24 an I come here regularly just recently lost my driver lincese an had to use my I.d this time around!! My I.d looks more real then every south identivation

Chori Sep 22, 2009

No, it's probably Harrah's. Harrah's has become the Madoff of casinos. The scams they are running now are pathetic. They give bonuses and say they'll be in your account in 72 hours and then their really comps, but then the comps you aren't allowed to use. They now rove the casino and if they see you're winning they come up, take your players card out and reset the machines. Unfortunately, all I ever hear now is all the scams going on and this comes from employees, too.

Harrah's Casino — Harrasment, F0rced to pay for a cab ride home, strong armed and frightened

Firstly, please let me start by saying i am an upstanding person with no criminal history of any nature, and...

HarrahsBad service

I went into VIP lounge to get a piece of cake.After leaving was approached and told that I was not to go behind food line and look into cabinets ! In which was never done by me; I ask for Gina;security to review the tapes and clear me of this lie told on me ! To no avail I talked to Keith [ supervisor over VIP lounge] and to no avail there I talk to Phillip, second in command of operation to look into this matter..Two days later was told by GINA that I could not come back in casino cause someone was using my card, in which half the people in there use each other cards..The real reason " I was being accused of something that I never did ."[snooping in cabinets behind food line ]And this was their way of sweeping it under the rug..

jayjayjayjay Apr 03, 2010

Food Poisoning in Harrah's and Poor customer service. Waited 90 mins for Room Service. Asked for a double bed room and was told I was upgraded to a one bed room (Which was bs) because i had 2 couples.