Harrah's / Diamond Scam

1 Atlantic City, NJ, United States Review updated:

DO NOT GAMBLE IN ANY HARRAH'S (CEASAR'S) CASINOS:
Also BE AWARE OF DIAMOND SCAM. You will not receive comps and benefits they mention on their website. Last year I spent a lot of time putting points and qualifying for a diamond status (11, 000 points circulating $55, 000 through slots). Diamond status promised me and one guest a free admission to their buffet style diamond lounge. My diamond benefits started Apr.1st 2011, June 9th I got a letter (slap in my face) " YOUR ENHANCED DIAMOND LOUNGE AWAITS YOU" stating that I no longer can attend lounge for free, it is only for people who put 25, 000 points last year. To get an entry into a club I have to pay 1000 reward credit (1 point for every $5 I gamble, total risking $5000 for buffet style food). I used my reward money for other things and have none left. It means I can no longer go to diamond club. HARRAH'S CUT ME OFF DIAMOND LOUNGE WITH 3 DAY NOTICE. I wish they had told me in Jan 2010 about their intentions, so I could make a finacially responsible decision whether to put 25, 000 points or put none and play in other casino.
Being a diamond 11, 000 points in Harrah's gives me no benefits except special check in line in hotel:
1)no comp rooms for a weekend
2)no comp rooms for summer months
3)com buffet only Mon-Thu (can not use it anyway)
4) slot play of $20-40 a month
5)no special birthday gift as promised
6)no comp concert tickets
Harrah's took advantage of me and scammed me of thousands dollars giving nothing or very little back
STAY AWAY FROM HARRAHS! HARRAH'S CANNOT BE TRUSTED!

Gi

Comments

• Gi
      10th of Jun, 2011

My purpose of posting this complaint is to warn people how big corporation can mislead and take advantage of people. I do not ask for anyone to feel pity for me. Casino industry is growing, just in past two years 3 casinos opened in Philadelphia area.

• Gi
      10th of Jun, 2011

I mentioned circulating $55, 000 through their slots not losing that amount. You seem not to understand what I am talking about. I have a full time job and a responsible gambler who budgets money for gambling and not looking out for freebies. I am upset that casino mislead me and promised one year free admission to diamond club but actually gave me only 2 months free. I learned my lesson and from now on stay away from casinos, none of them can be trusted. Thank you for participating in discussion and your comments.

• Li
      12th of Jun, 2011

i am in complete agreement and have sent several emails to the casino directly, which resulted in a general reply back not addressing the issue at all..it is an outrage. The only perk we had left was the Diamond Club, and my husband and i really enjoyed it, as did any guest i brought with me. For example, Friday night we went for our last free time ( i too have used almost all my comp on other things). The shrimp at Showboat was just your basic frozen kind defrosted, and the carving station was ok. Who really cares about that? We like getting a slice of pizza and a salad and a couple drinks. We never took advantage and pigged out. We then went downstairs and gambled for a while, did lose, and my belief is by giving money to the slots we "paid for our Diamond Club admission" several times over. This is a poor marketing strategy and i for one will be rethinking visiting these casinos, the four of which i have been loyal for years.

• Su
      26th of Jul, 2011

I have had a Diamond Card for many years and I disagree with your comments. I find your comments misleading or perhaps you are just ignorant. Perhaps you should try some other Harrahs/Caesars casinos other than Atlantic City. For example, I was recently in Las Vegas and they do not charge any admissions for any diamond lounges. I earn less than 25, 000 points in a year andyet I am bombarded by different offers from the chain. I never pay for a hotel room. Also, if you earned diamond status last year, you would have been entitled to all the benefits from the day you reached 11, 000 points in 2010 NOT from April 1st of this year. Reward credits are not 1 point for every $5; you receive one Tier point for every $5, one base reward credit for every $5 AND in addition you also receive bonus reward credits when you gamble. If you gambled heavily, you should have received many offers from Harrahs/Caesars for free nights, meals, shows, free cruises, etc. If you were doing heavy gambling with your sole purpose being to get into the Diamond Lounges at Atlantic City then all I can say is you are stupid and not financially responsible like you suggest.

• Db
      11th of Aug, 2013

I go vegas and harrahs treats me good there but when I went to atlantic city the house has a much higher take.The three card poker you have to bet both the ante and the pairs plus.this drains your bankrole faster so your chances of winning drop .in vegas your money lasts longer. I love to play keno in lasvegas because they use lottery style keno ball game in atlantic city its electronic .The drink system sucked.I spend a grand a day so I exspect a drink while gamble in vegas there always there when I want a drink I was planning a trip to the horseshoe in cleaveland but after reading the reviews they were so negative ill pass.the casinos in niagara falls where I live have some plus and bad games but the falls has three casinos so the games are somewhat fair