Harley Davidson / mechanical-warranty issues

1 MD, United States Review updated:

2008 Street Glide, less than one year old, the pipes are burning red at the engine. Took it back to Old Glory in Laurel, MD the dealer. They had it two weeks could not figure out what was wrong, called in the area service rep, who says that it is normal. To come pick up the bike or be charged storage. Took the bike to to another dealer in Elkridge, MD the same service rep saw my bike in the shop and stopped work on it. He called and said there is nothing wrong with your bike. Told him that I was told that the fuel injectors were incorrect. He claims that the injectors are the stock 25mm, but he would not know that because they have never taken the bike apart, they just plugged it into a computer. The bike has been in the shop for a month now and Haley Davidson will not even look at the injectors, they tell me that it is OK. Other people that I know have this bike and they do not have this problem. What good is a warranty if they will not even take apart the bike to see what the problem is.

Dr

Comments

• Mt
      12th of Aug, 2009

Hi. I ride a 2006 Street Glide. I was at the local Harley shop ( Peterson's South of South Florida 305-235-4023) when an individual approached me and said that he had just bought a 2008 Street Glide. He went on to describe the same problem that you did and he was leaving it to be checked. He asked if I had experienced the problem which I assured him I had not. I happened to see him again in a few weeks and he said that the dealership had resolved the apparent problem. I didn't go into what the problem was but it is an apparent well know ailment with this 2008 engine. I wish you well and safe riding.
    MTM