Haier / Poor Quality

1 WI, United States Review updated:

Purchased a Haier dehumidifier on 5/10/2008. I live in Wisconsin so we only run it about 4 months per year. I went to start it mid-June and it runs for about 5 - 10 seconds and shuts off. Bucket is empty and seated properly, can't find the cause of the issue. Haier tech support is non-existent, I'm suppose to take it to a service center and pay to have it diagnosed, let's see...$170 for the dehumidifier, how much to diagnose and fix, I might as well buy a new one. The last one I had lasted about 15 years, this on, 4 months of running. I will never buy another Haier product.

Comments

• Ss
      10th of Sep, 2007
    Haier - Brand new washing machine not working!
    India

I purchased Haier fully automatic Washing machine (HA-655 TME) from Vijay Sales, Thane, Mumbai on July 07. It was working fine for few days and started giving problem as smoke started coming out from its timer. Till today it is not working. Various calls to Vijay Sales, Haier local service center were not looked into it. I am unable to use the new washing machine for almost 2 months and Haier is not doing anything. I will never ever go for a Haier product here after.

2 Months for repairing a washing machine, clearly shows the pathetic service by Haier.

• Sh
      6th of Aug, 2009
    Haier - Service
    Haier
    haiermobile.in

I get a Haier c5000 handset from silica service center date 20/07/09.But his no any responce.So please solve my problem.

30th of Jul, 2010
    Haier - It has been eight months now of talking to customer service people with no answers as of yet
    Haier
    haier.com

I purchased a Haier America washer/dryer combo last June. I used it once and after one wash cycle the unit broke. I called Haier and told them that the cycle selector knob was stuck and that the unit was not drying clothes properly. I also told them that a bunch of water was left in the drum even though the machine had gone through a dry cycle. A repairman was called and when he came out he replaced the timer. He left and the machine did not work when I tried it again.

After about a month Haier sent another repair man who claimed he had never seen this type of machine before and he ordered a new timer and a new motor. He installed these after they arrived and the machine still did not work. Finally Haier called me after two months had gone by saying they would send another repair man out. The new repair man came out and deemed the unit un-repairable. He said that the unit had been flooded and that the electrical system was rusted out. The unit is in my basement so now Haier is claiming that my basement flooded. My basement has never flooded but I am not surprised that the electrical system is rusted. Water was sitting in the machine for five months because nobody they sent out to repair the unit knew what they were doing.

I have tried to call Haier many times to find out what their final decision is. The machine is under warranty for a year and so it should be replaced. I have had so many people telling me the problem would be looked into and I would get a call back but never have.

It has been eight months now of talking to customer service people with no answers as of yet. I am assuming that Haier will not be replacing the machine that is under warranty and that they will continue to make excuses. I will contact my lawyer, the Better Business Bureau, and I will post my nightmare situation all over the internet. I do not recommend that anyone buy Haier products. They do not uphold their warranty and I have since read other reports of similar problems with flawed products.

• Ra
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Haier - product sold above MRP
    rajpal marketing (p) LTD
    haierindia.com

sir,
    by above firm (raj pal marketing p ltd) we purchased a refrigerator on 29/3/12 by invoice no. 5435...
    the dealer sold this product to us on above MRP price .
    they code us price 8550 after bargaining we purchased by 7900. this is quite unfair and matter of cheating also.
    MRP ON CARTOM IS RS 7890..
    ON PERSONAL COMPLAINT THEY MISBEHAVE WITY US..
    SO WE WILL HAVE TO GO TO CONSUMER COURT...
    or TAKE ACTION...