H & R Block / HSBC / beware of h & r block and hsbc

32233 GratiotRoseville, MI, United States Review updated:

I got my taxes done at h & r block, and was offered a refund anticipation loan. I paid for this and was told I would get my money in 1-2 days. as hsbc (the administrator of the loan) was guaranteed to receive their money from the irs directly, I had no idea I could be denied, nor was I advised of this possibility. I called to pick up my check and was told I was denied. they would not give me a reason, and said I would still owe them $49.95. I said I was never advised of this. they told me to look through my paperwork, and sure enough, there was a paper that explained this, but not on any paper I had signed. the part of the contract containing this information was put into an envelope, and handed to me after I had completed signing my returns and other paperwork. my daughter in law had her taxes done at the same time, and was also not advised of this. she received her check, but after taking it to 5 banks (3 of which h & r suggested) including her own, she had to deposit the check and a 10 day hold was put on it. she was told by all 5 banks that they had to put a hold because hsbc could be slow in paying. this is all a scam. beware!!!
Va

Comments

Du
  19th of Jan, 2010
I am having problems with my car so I did a RAL for H&R block, I have done this in the past but this year I was denied the RAL could not get explanation over the phone from HSBC. Well if I am going to get denied I would have done the taxes myself and saved $300. If HSBC not going to approve then loan right there and then then this should be offerd by H&R block. I have also had problems with Jackson Hewitt with giving me a check and I deposited it into the bank and started wriiting checks to pay bills, only to find out that the money from the check would not be deposited into my account for 10 days well I had checks bounce all over and Threat to sue my bank and Jackson Hewitt, well needless to say I got my money for filling taxes through Jackson hewitt and got my overdraft fees dropped from my bank.
Sk
  24th of Jan, 2010
H&r block sucks ****. I v done my taxes for five years with h&r sucks. Allways got my money as soon as I left the spot. This year. They did my taxes in 15min. Told me ok we r dome you ll get your money from now till two days. Like a dumass I beleived him. Its been two days and nothing. I call this morning and he told me that the bank dint approve me and he dint know why. I'm so mad cause I couldof save me 300 bucks and done it my self. The only reason I whent to them was because I would get money on the spot. They just lost a client. I got a feeling that next year they are going out of business. H&R sucks****.
Di
  15th of Apr, 2010
HR block and HSBC dispite recieving ther loan payoff from thr IRS are refusing and delaying my tax refund, I keep calling and they keep refusing to answer questions.
Di
  15th of Apr, 2010
HR BLOCK and HSBC despite having recieved their ral loan payoff from the IRS are refusing to send me my the remander of my tax refund I called them both and HSBC keeps refusing to talk.