Guthy Renker Nutrition / VITA / Scam and disappointed!

New Castle, DE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-848-2797
The Guthy Renker vitamins I received through a sheer cover order. Because it was my first order using a card over the phone I didn't realize that they charge you five dollars to try them, but they continue to send them only this time charging $33. Then another charge showed up on my account a month after I received the vitamins. Today I called and canceled. I told the lady who spoke to me that I was sending the unopened box back and I didn't want to be sent any more. I had better get my money back. Its enough of a problem having to pay money and time to send it back. Also just to make sure (because of all the similar complaints) i am going to decline any further charges from that company to my account.

One more thing I would like to add is that I was greatly disappointed with the product. I can go to a local store and purchase the same vitamins and minerals for less and I have!
Ma

Comments

Jo
  21st of Jul, 2007

Guthy Renker Nutrition - Sent vitamins without ordering

I did not order the vitamins, they just showed up in the mail with no return address.

Beware!
Da
  7th of Feb, 2008
The same thing happened to me. I got suckered by the $5 box introductory offer, then 3 weeks later they charged me $60 for a 2 month supply, when they stated that they would charge my card every 2 months. They charged my card the day before Christmas and when i called them they said that it was already shipped and I would have to ship them back when I received them. I send them back like a month ago and I still haven't received a refund. On top of it all they charged my card an additional $60, i called them and they said that they werent sending another box and they havent but they still owe me $120. I really don't think I will get a refund and I will have to dispute this with my bank. What a scam!!
Su
  1st of Mar, 2008
SCAM! SCAM!! SCAM!!! I am currently battling Gunthy-Renker Nutrition for relentless shipments of their Vita Power Pro Vitamins. It all started in July 2007 when I ordered a $2.99 30-day trial of their vitamins with an order of Proactiv. BIG MISTAKE! I had used Proactiv in the past, and I had always had a good experience with Gunthy-Renker, so I trusted that I could try (and cancel) their vitamins if I did not like them. WRONG!!!

At the end of the 30 day trial, I began to receive unwanted shipments every other month of a 60-day supply of vitamins I didn't even order. For this they still charge my credit card every month for $33.94...and it is now March 2008.

First, I tried to cancel via email through Gunthy-Renker Proactiv...the same company/division from whom I had ordered them. But wait, ITS NOT THAT SIMPLE. You cannot do this. To cancel, allegedly all you need to do is contact Gunthy-Renker Nutrition at 888-848-2797. THIS IS NOT TRUE!

I have called twice, emailed four times (2 emails have been returned for failed delivery--hmmm?), been called a liar, told that they have never received any of my returned shipments, told they have no record of my contact with them, then told that-wait-I called them to cancel on 2/28/08 (I didn't), then told that perhaps I emailed them on that date (I didn't), told that they (?) took over this company (?) 3 weeks ago and that unfortunately the last company (?) did not handle returns very well....

All this to be told that I WILL NOT RECEIVE the $169.70 owed me for my returned shipments because I failed to get a "proof of mailing certificate" from the post office each time I refused them...because they have no record of my correspondence with them...because I do not know the name of the person with whom I spoke in January.

In the end, Janie #134 (a supervisor), would not give me more than the first name of her supervisor (Jessica) who she expects me to trust will call me. I wonder...will she also call me a liar and refuse to credit me for products I have mailed back unopened?

MY SUGGESTION: DO NOT BUY ADD-ONS from GUNTHY-RENKER . . . and NEVER BUY GUNTHY-RENKER NUTRITION PRODUCTS! They will steal your hard-earned $$$$$
Bu
  8th of Sep, 2009
Same here...no return address - keep sending an invoice and the product
Kr
  12th of Apr, 2011
Holy crud I got told I knew about it already in my first email from them. Laugh my butt off!! I only have one email from them concerning vitamins. It is basically a reciept for a free who back up FREE 30 day supply. I decided no and canceled my order in March 2011. O they are very nice and very well trained. Not one word was spoken when I canceled that this was a 3 part payment. I would have had a fit! Instead they choose to quietly just not mention it at all. Like it will never come up again and I won't notice the money next month. I called today April 2011 and was very politely told it was a 3 part payment and yes it was canceled but she could not stop it nor could she reimburse me unless I sent it back and also that they would take out the last payment next month no matter what I said. I read all the bad reviews on this but when I cancelled after my 30 day trial I thought it was a breeze and thought they must have fixed their issues. Please if you are reading this don't take they are FRAUDS!!! This is a scam and the better business bureau needs to get off their lazy bums and earn their paycheck by getting rid of these jerks. They don't care and for some reason they think they can take your money noatter what you say and since they arent shut down then apparently they can.

Guthy-Renker Logo Guthy-Renker