Greyhound / scam and cheating!

1 Santa Ana, CA, United States Review updated:

I went back to help my mother move and to pick up a truck. Greyhound gouges your eyeballs out on for prices, and the selection stinks. Then when not eating at the terminal you don't get a choice of good food. They stood at BurgerKing, Arby's and McDonalds. What is wrong with something like SUBWAY where you get something that can pass for fresh while a good helping of veggies?

BEWARE OF THE PHONES IN THE GREYHOUND WAITING AREAS.

$5 a minute may not seem like much to you but for what I spent on 4 calls I could have had cellphone service. DO NOT USE THOSE DAMNED PHONES.

Comments

Er
  14th of Jul, 2008

I was traveling to Ottawa Ontario with my fiance Chris for a visit to his brother, my fiance purchased our tickets the day before us bus departure, the next day we went to board our bus and the driver advised us we were on the wrong bus and we were traveling to Toronto Ontario, we had to go into the bus station to make the correction and were advised it wasen't her mistake and in order for us to be able to go to Ottawa we would have to pay the difference for their mistake which was more then $80 on top of the $200 in something we spent to travel, I contacted greyhound and for weeks called them to see what would be done and I was promised a refund for our trip, well today in the mail I recieved a travel voucher for $80 and not the refund for the tickets as promised and then I was told by greyhound to mail the voucher back and they will determine what to do which will take another 6-8 which is stupid, is there anything more I can do or someone else I can speak to I have already made a complaint and spoke to people boarding greyhound that they are being ripped off and screwed over and will continue to do so till the issue is rectified.

Thank you.

Br
  5th of Nov, 2008

Whatever happened to customer service I myself will never use Greyhound again.

Li
  27th of Jun, 2009

I asked other bus company to serve Ottawa/Gatineau, but their answer was that this is impossible because Greyhound has the exclusive right to Ottawa area. So we all here in Ottawa are slaves of the monopolist Greyhound . No wonder that the fares are excessivelly high and the quality of its service more than poor.