Greyhound / worst company on earth

I was traveling with my family (Husband and 5 year old child) today from michigan (8-15-09) when I came to chicago.in chicago I asked to make sure (As I was promised would not be a issue when I purchased the tickets) that I would be able to sit by my 5 year old child. However 4 different greyhound employees told me no I would not be able to accompany my 5 year old child along the 6 hour trip by his side at 1 am in the morning to st louis. They had no compassion or understanding of my need to be with my 5 year old and to be beside him on to take care of him on this trip. They quoted saying its first come first serve for the seats. That they would not be able to provide my child who is 5 a seat next to me or my husband. They said I would have to sit him by a stranger... Please keep in mind this bus travel 6 hours without any light whatsoever except one short stop. My child would have been sitted by a stranger where I would not have had any visibility or been able to observe him. Had I not become hysterical and finally after 20 minutes almost of me crying and screaming saying I will not put my 5 year old child on the bus with a stranger in the dark night without even bus lights for 6 hours and I also begged for management which never came they finally made us a seat together. However this seat was right behind a man watching *. I had been under the impression that greyhound was a family site... But they tried to separate me from my baby and tried to force me to neglect his safety and allowed us to be exposed *... He is five years old... And when I complained about it all they said was go get a complaint form. When I tried they said they were out of complaint forms. Please alert other families who are concerned about there children's well being, that they very well may be separated completely from there young children, and there children and themselves can very easily be exposed to *, by alerting people to my experiences, so they can protect themselves, and there children from such traumatic happenings, by making this public. You may use my name and any other info you need.

So

Comments

• Sc
      16th of Oct, 2010

I was traveling from Seattle WA, to Holbrook AZ, and they sent me on a route that should have only taken about 20 hours to be at my destination, but decided to take me through 8 states and on a 60 hour bus ride. When I got to Denver CO, I changed buses and in the middle of the night, I was sleeping and the bus filled with this very unbearable smell. At first, I thought someone was amoking crack in the bathroom, but it turned out to be a GAS LEAK on the bus!!! MInd you that I am 9 weeks pregnant. The bus driver stopped on the side of the road, and checked out the smell for a minute, and got back in the frivers seat, and drove off. Finally, after I started getting a headache, nausia, and feeling very sleepy, I went to the driver and asked him to pull over, because I was pregnant and wanted to pass out. He then informed me that we were ONLY 1 hour form Albuquerque, and if we stop, we will have to wait 2 more hours for another bus!!! I made him stop anyways, and I got off to get a drink of water and some needed air, and I got back on, and he kept driving all the way to Albuquerque!! When we arrived, I was faint, made a complaint, and all they said was theres nothing they can do, and I needed to "make a complaint." Next think I know, the agent was talking to the driver about the gas leak, and the driver loaded his passengers on the SAME BUS and took off!!! I was furious that they did nothing about this. Same trip...I was scheduled to leave NM at 7:30 am, and I had been there since 2am that morning, I was the first one in line to board the bus, had my ticket, and when we were ready to board, all the reboarders got on, and all of a sudden, the bus was FULL!!! They had over booked the bus!!! So, 10 of of got bumped, and left in NM for the next bus 18 HOURS away, and that wasnt even a guarantee that we were gonna get to get on that bus!!! They are doing too much over booking, and they wont even give refunds!!! I will nerver ride GREYHOUND again!!!