Greyhound Bus Lines / rudeness, lack of responsibility

1 StLouis, MO, United States Review updated:

On 11/08/08, my son and I took my mother to the greyhound station in St. Louis, Mo. to catch a bus to Chyenne, Wy. We had called in advance for assistance for her as told to do.
After getting to the station, she was told by one gentleman to follow him so she could get on the bus, however there was no one to carry her baggage so my son and I carried her bags out to the bus. Once we got there another man started screaming at us and wanted to see our tickets. We told him we were just carrying her bags out since her assistance that was supposed to be provided wasn't there.
He continued to scream at us and talk to us like we were trash, so I told him I wanted his name so I could report him. At this time he got in my face and said "did you say you was gonna hit me" I told him again that I was gonna report him. He told me he was the bus driver but wouldn't give me his name. At that time my son and I walked away to find someone in charge and he came running up on my son yelling what you gonna do, you wanna do something.
I reported the incident and of course nothing was done.
Once the bus got to Denver, my mothers bus didn't make her connection and then the next bus to Chyenne broke down causing her to be over 12 later than her scheduled arrival time.
Then to top it all off, they lost her luggage and it still hasn't been found at the time of this writing (11/19/08).
I would like to know how Greyhound can still manage to exist with all the internal problems they seem to have and why would anyone want to subject themselves to this kind of treatment?
Irate bus drivers, which could lead to road rage...do we really want this type of person sitting behind the wheel of a bus?? Bus terminal personnel that obviously would rather be doing something else rather than helping the people that are using their service to travel. Not to mention that airline tickets are almost half the cost of bus tickets and they get you there at the time they say.
My mother has traveled on the bus several times but this will be her last time, and I hope anyone that reads this will reconsider traveling by greyhound in the future.
Greyhound bus lines is by far the worst mode of transportation I have ever seen.

Jo

Comments

Ma
  29th of Sep, 2009

Greyhound bus drivers and all of the staff who are working in the station are very low class and are not educated. It is waste of money and time to travel with Greyhound Buses. I am sure the greyhound bus line will be out of busuness very soon.

Ak
  2nd of Jan, 2010

Unfortunately, I believe the Greyhound bus lines will be in service for a very long time due to the cheaper last minute rates they offer. That is what most people end up using this crummy service so many times; if they need to get on the road fast and cheapily, they call Greyhound. I think that is why they treat all their customer's so rudely because they look down on them. They only see a couple hundred bucks, so therefore their motto (not said outloud of course; just displayed out loud) is "You get what you pay for." I truly hope I never ever have to get into a situation where I have to travel Greyhound again. I have traveled Greyhound plenty of times, and have many horror stories. One thing I definitely want to tell everyone, DO NOT RIDE GREYHOUND with little children in tow. They do not care and actually laugh at your misfortunes.

So
  31st of Jan, 2010

It'a all very true. I have taken them many times and on long trips. I have never ran across some rude people in my life. With my budget it is cheaper, but still regardless of the money they don't have no reason to treat people like that we are all equal and live here on this earth. People like that need to find a different kind of job if they can't work with them in a courteous manner.

Sonja from Portland Maine