Green Dot / prepaid visa card
I am giving the card as an anonymous gift to a niece traveling to Europe this summer.
I purchased the card today at Wal-Mart. I asked for, and it was verified, a rep in the store customer service department told me the card is good internationally, and the rep verified this with the store manager.
I purchased the card, loaded $500 and took it home. I have not opened and removed the card from the sealed packaging since I think the card holder is suppose to do that.
Reading the instructions on the outside package, it states "The card inside this package can only be used to make purchases in the US and cannot be used to get cash". To add to the confusion, on the other side of the instructions flap, it states you have a "foreign transactions fee - 3% of transaction amount".
So, which is it? Is this card good "everywhere Visa debit is accepted"? Please let me know as soon as possible. I purchased the card from Wal-Mart #05347 in Fort Myers, Florida, at 8:07:37 am, today on 12/27/17.
My name is Vincent P. Neumeier, 27770 Hacienda E. Blvd., Bonita Springs, Florida 34135. Home and cell phone is [protected]. My email is: email@example.com
More Green Dot Complaints & Reviews
- Green Dot Moneypak - stolen money 
- Walmart Green Dot Money Card - where's my money 
- Walmart Money Card - Visa Prepaid Card Through Ge Money Bank And Green Dot Corp. - can't access money/use card/get a live cust. service rep 
- Green Dot - unlock accounts 
- Green Dot Money Pak - part of a scam 
- Greendot - getting my card unlocked; greendot visa
- Green Dot Corporation - green dot debit/credit card
- Debit Greendot Card - paid 30.00 for activate green dot debit card
- Green Dot Corporation - my card is locked
- Green Dot Corporation - greendot