Grand Miramar / Timeshare scam

I am a one of the growing number of people that has been deceived by Grand Miramar. They have already failed to deliver on one of their promises and are doing their best to continue the facade. I would like anyone else that has been lied to by this resort of foreward me their names and such, so that I can add it to my list. I'm then going to send it to the proper authorities so that they can see that this is not an isolated incident. But rather their day to day way of conducting business.

There is strength in numbers and our voices are louder when we combine them.

My email is [protected]@hotmail.com

Thanks

Brad MacDonald

He
May 08, 2013

Comments

• Do
      May 30, 2012
    Grand Miramar - Stay away from Grand Miramar Resorts and High End Rentals
    Grand Miramar

In July 2010 my wife and I were solicited to visit the Grand Miramar Resort in Puerto Vallarta. In exchange for their packaged membership the Grand Miramar promised to buy our existing timeshare, refunding the money within a certain period of time and utilize High End Rentals (Luxury Vallarta) to not only sell the existing property but rent out the purchased unit at Grand Miramar providing rental income for 4 weeks per year $1400/rental. None of the agreed upon terms have been fulfilled. I have appealed this as fraud through Bank of America for the card that was opened and hit a brick wall. I have been fighting since Sept 2010 to get help from Grand Miramar, High End Rentals, and Bank of America with out success. Please assist in anyway you can and tell everyone to stay away from Grand Miramar Resorts and High End Rentals.

• Us
      May 09, 2013

We attended a presentation that was supposedly for Grand Miramar. It ended up to be for World Luxury Destinations which presented as a way to sell your existing timeshare, obtain more weeks in luxury destinations and to receive a goodly amount of money for those weeks which you did not use. Fortunately, we did not buy. I recommend you to read this article about Grand Miramar:

Nov 27, 2013

I know how you feel, and it seems like this is a common problen in Mexico. I purchased a travel program through Sandos Playacar at Royal Elite Timeshare Resort in Playa del Carmen last March and I requested to cancel within the 5 day grace period but they still have not refunded my down payment of over $9000 US dollars. I have been in touch with people there and they say they are working the process but it takes time. It has now been almost 5 months and I am losing faith they will ever pay me back. This is another forum with more complaints about this company:

I believe we should do something about it, as I understand Mexican regulations forbid the offering of gifts, free vacation certificates or any other promotion strategies without informing the consumer the specific purpose of the offer. I want to complaint with PROFECO about this, and get my money back

• Ll
      Nov 11, 2014

It seems that hundreds of people have been scammed by Grand Miramar. In an offer to purchase a timeshare in Grand Miramar, agents of the company (in this case John Montalvo, Reme Coja and Alain Patino) promised that the company would sell my existing timeshares for an agreed upon price and that rental income for the unused weeks would be paid to me. The guarantee in writing was an addendum to the main contract referenced by the contract number.

When the promised money for the purchase of my existing timeshares did not appear 3 months later, I returned to the resort and learned that the above three no longer worked there and were guilty of fraud. The new employees then proceeded to attempt a second fraud by saying they could not honor the conditions of the old contract unless we paid five years of maintenance fees in advance! Since then, those employees are gone, but the new head of sales had a record of scamming tourists in a different resort.

You would think that a legal system would either enforce a contract, or where the contract is fraudulent and no services have been delivered, return the money. This did not happen in Mexico. The tourist protection agency Profeco has no power to enforce anything. I consulted two separate Mexican lawyers. One said that it was not clear that the addendum was part of the main contract because, although it mentioned the main contract by contract number, was not on company letterhead. The other suggested I would need two witnesses present to testify on my behalf. The only witnesses present were the scammers.

I am Canadian and have been in contact with a Canadian member of parliament about this issue. If there are a number Canadian tourists similarly scammed, the member is willing to take our case forward. If you are interested in joining this action please contact me at [protected]@hawkeyeassociates.ca. Thank you.