Google Treasure Chest - Utah / unathorized charge of $72.21

1 CA, United States Review updated:

Just to warn you all, I also fell victim to the Google Treasure Chest. I was looking at a work a home business where the person, who was local stated they earned $5, 000 monthly by entry data links.
I was curious and thought for $1.95 i could check into the matter. I received the CD, however never opened it as i had second thoughts about the idea. I had no idea that i would be hit with a $72.21 monthly charge. Trust me, had i known about these charges, i would not have ordered the damn thing.

Just want you all to be aware.

De

Comments

• Rr
      10th of Jun, 2009
    Google Treasure Chest - Utah - Unauthorized Charges
    Google Treasure Chest
    Draper
    Utah
    Phone: 866-951-1406

As with many others, I, too became a victim of this scam. Only this time, it wasn't me that gave them my credit card info. It was an identitiy theft issue, currently being investigated by the police.

Nevertheless, I did receive a CD in the mail, called the number on the CD to inquire about it. As soon as I found out what this was I canceled it. Fortunately, within the 7 day period.

I checked all my bank accounts, to find I was charged $1.44 for a "foreign transaction fee" and $72.21 for a monthly subscription. I recieved a "RGA #" (return goods authorization #) & spent an additional $6.37 mailing it back to the address I was given.

Through the USPS confirmation of delivery, the CD was delivered & signed for on May 28, 2009 @ 2:14pm. I called customer service, only to be told the refund was approved on May 29 & it would take 7-10 days to receive the refund.

I just called the customer service back (June 10 @ 12pm est) to find out their data base does not have ANY records of me requesting a refund. WONDERFUL!!!

BTW...the customer service number given, by my bank, for this company (and on the package received) is in the PHILIPINES. It is NOT in the US. Imagine the language barrier being experienced!!! Combine that with the amount of frustration already in place from the money lost & the identity theft.

I will be calling & writing the Utah Better Business Bureau, as recommended by another victim.