Goodyear Credit Plan / False charges!

Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-7670-0291
In August, I signed up and purchased 4 Goodyear tires in the Goodyear dealer in Los Angeles. At that time. they had the ad of $40 rebate and tickets for San Diego Zoo as a offer of 1 year no interest finance plan. So I applied and got credit $600, and purchased 4 tires with the so called credit card.

About 2 weeks later, the San Diego Zoo tickets delivered by mail. And another 2 weeks later, second mail delivered requesting the invoice which I summit already. But I mailed another copy anyway.

Since then, I never received any information until November, a letter from them saying I was paying my payment late, the late charge $29 plus extra interest $10.73 I should pay, they denied it was 1 year finance but a 3 month finance. The thing is August to November was just 3 month and they started to charge late fee and interest. And most infamous, they insisted that they mailed the statement, and the rebate was inside the statement.

They say they don't issue a credit card. Just like other frauds committed by many credit companies, they:

1. Issue no credit card, but says giving credit card in the ad.
2. Do mail the statement until the finance time passed, and mail a late payment notice.
3. Another falsely ad such as 1 year finance.

I heard the government had no way to control these credit card company fraud. I don't believe so, any one had the same experience, I would contact with them and get things strengthened.
Va

Comments

Ca
  20th of Mar, 2008
I just cancelled my Goodyear credit account after they lied about the no payments for 6 months option and I ended up losing over 100 points on my credit score because of it. I tried to discuss the issue with one of their managers but her response was that it wasn't a bank error so they can't do anything about it. They have lost my business and any shops that try to peddle their lies will not get my business either.
Na
  26th of Jun, 2009
it took 3 months to get my first bill. i had to pay late charges and interest on those 3 months when i signed up for one year interest free.
i will never deal with goodyear credit again
Di
  29th of Dec, 2010
I think GOODYEAR CREDIT PLAN is a total ripoff. Their billing system for the first three months is a joke. There were no due dates on these statements so they tacked on late fee for each month. I had to spend time on the phone to get it all straightened out. One rep was nasty so I hung up and called back to speack with a more responsive individual. My most recent bill has a late charge on it because they posted it one (1) day after the due date. Have they not heard of a grace period? I mailed it in time for them to post it on time. It amazes me that they can get away with this behavior.
Pa
  7th of May, 2011
Ok, just a few minutes ago my friend came for some advice because she is getting billed for more than 1900 dollars and guess whaaaat? she never did such a purchase, I am in the process of getting information together, details about the purchase, identifying who did the transaction, who installed the tires and no information is available nor in the system funny uh? so I have some suggestions from a broker and an attorney and I will help my friend to go to the bottom of this fraud. I encourage you to do the same and stop this (civil litigation/criminal prosecution)
An
  1st of Jul, 2016
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I was urged to apply for credit by the local Goodyear store, but was turned down. My credit score is 629, which is rated "average". They listed several reasons why my application was turned down, every one of which is reflected in my credit score. I am in the process of repairing my credit after it was wrecked by a medical emergency which required surgery and 2 months in a hospital, yet I have gotten it back up to 629, which they mentioned in the letter. I find it VERY difficult to believe that they do not extend credit unless your credit score is HIGHER than "average", so I have to wonder what the REAL reason was...now I will have an inquiry on my credit report, and credit denied. My advice to ANYONE who is considering applying for credit from them to RUN...do NOT WALK...to the nearest exit!!!

The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company Logo The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company