GoodLife Fitness / looking for someone who can help

8281 Yonge St Thornhill ON L3T 2C7 Canada, Canada

To whom it may concern,

My name is Aysan Salehi, I am 22 years old and I just recently immigrated to Canada. I am emailing you today because I have heard many wonderful things about how helpful and kind you are to those who are put into a demeaning position.
When I was a little girl I experienced severe back and neck pain. Pain that I still, in my twenties, unfortunately have to suffer with. I have gone through all sorts of doctors and specialists both back in my home country, Iran, and here in Canada. With all the different pieces of feedback I received, the main conclusion was to increase my level of exercise. With that being said, I signed up for a gym membership at Goodlife Fitness, located at 8281 Yonge St, Thornhill, ON L3T 2C7. When I was signing up for a membership, because of my language barrier, they appointed me to an Iranian female worker named Sade Bahmani, to give me more information and explain things more thoroughly. After getting all my information, Ms. Bahmani explained to me that if I were to sign up for a personal trainer, it would help me with my health concerns. She persisted that if I had a trainer, it would 100% cure my aches and pains because the trainer would know exactly what to do to pin point the root of my problems. Being a new comer into this country, with absolutely no family or friends to turn to for advice or guidance, I trusted that she was giving me real and proper information out of the goodness of her heart to help me out, as she knew I was not fluent in English, I am working to support myself and do not have much knowledge about the country and etc. when I asked her to explain the personal training she said the only option they had was a 100 session one. She told me that they had absolutely no less available and no other options. Ms. Bahmani proceeded to comfort me by saying that if at any moment I wished to cancel the membership, I had full ability to do so. After completely manipulating and convincing me that it was the right thing to do and if I could not at any point afford it anymore or didn’t need it anymore I can cancel right away, I made the biggest mistake of my life and trusted her. Never have I ever regretted something so deeply before in my life.
A couple of months went by and my pain was not getting better, in fact, I lost about 3 jobs due to the excessive amount of pain I had endured. I told my personal trainer, and the manager of Goodlife Fitness and they said it was impossible for me to cancel my sessions and that I had no way in stopping the payments/membership. When I saw my doctor, he demanded me to stop all forms of activity/exercise/heavy lifting immediately, as I was permanently damaging and harming my well-being, I then got a doctors note from him and took it to the gym to show that I had legitimate proof and that I could not partake in any physical activities. But the manager Bruce Fm, and once again Sade Bahmani denied my note and still refused to cancel my account/sessions.
I have only one credit card, which is absolutely full with my food expenses, rent, transportation, this gym membership, etc. I don’t even have enough money to put food on the table for myself sometimes. I have tried to get welfare from the government however because of this membership, they are giving me an extremely difficult time and will not grant me any help. Because of my pain, I have failed every single interview I have gone through recently due to the fact that I am unable to attend to the different tasks and responsibilities expected. This membership and the training sessions have cost me $6300.00 in total and I have to pay $502.00 per month. I have tried everything that I can possibly think of to get rid of them, I have even put my personal training sessions up for sale on KIJIJI and Ebay. The manager did not even hesitate to tell me that I should not do anything with my credit card either, in regards to cancelling or whatever, due to the fact that it will destroy my credit history. I literally have absolutely no choices anymore.
I am emailing you now because I have lost all sense of hope and faith in this situation. I cannot find a job because of my pain, they will not allow me to cancel the personal training sessions, I am incredibly in debt and I am all alone and cannot afford anything. I do not even mind paying for the membership, but I cannot afford these personal training sessions anymore, nor can I even use them. However, even if I don’t use the sessions they are still withdrawing money out of my account, of course. Please help me find a way to get justice in this, as I am now really starting to panic. Getting rid of these sessions will help me with my life expenses an incredible amount. I would just like to move forward with my life and become more and more comfortable in this beautiful country. I was tricked and played as a fool and I really do not know what else I can do at this point. I used to have to work 3-4 different jobs at once just to be able to pay my expenses off. Please help me and I would be forever grateful to you and the amazing things you do for people.
Thank you so much for your time in reading my email, I hope that you can help me expose these terrible people for taking advantage of a young, new comer and trying to get away with it. When I speak to people now, people who personally also attend Goodlife Fitness, they say they have never even heard about a strict 100 session personal training commitment. I feel used and betrayed and I am extremely desperate for help and assistance on how to deal with this situation. I have a couple months of the sessions left and I really cannot afford to pay these off anymore. Please help me in what ever way that you can as It would truly save my life. Thank you for your time.

All the best,