Good Year / TYRE

India Review updated:

MADIKERI-571201. PHONE: [protected]
OR [protected]

So, for I believed in Tata, but now onwards I am loosing faith in tata.
I am a journalist from Kodagu district. I am the editor of a local district level daily by name “Shakthi” which is running since 53 years. I am also the correspondent for “Times so f India” from Kodagu district.
I started purchasing tata by getting Indica V-2 and then dicor and now I am owning Indica vista. It is not at all one year completed. I got the vehicle from concocorde motors, Bangalore.N0.KA 12 N-6312..
I will start with a bitter experience from the tyre company “Good year”.Once I got front tyre problem.Suddenly, the tyre started getting bubbles and bulging. I have to travel all along from Madikeri to Bangalore concorde motors. Although I have purchased the vehicle from your Hosur Show room, I am adjusted to get the service done at your Mysore road service centre.
The concorde people informed good year representative One Ashwin who claims to be an engineer came and certified that It is impact break and not a manufacture defect. Infact I could not meet him personally, because he did not arrived in the given appointement time fixed by concorde. He came very late. After seeing the report I had contacted him over phone. I think his conversation with me was like that he himself is the Good year company managing director. He did not had the patience to hear me that’You should reconsider, It is not the impact break, because I am myself driving, and also I am smooth driver.
Why the good year company engages such rude persons as engineers in the company? Why, the tata people go for “Good year only”?”
The experience was during 31-09-09. Again, today, that is [protected], my another front tyre got bubble. I cant run the vehicle. I had messaged to good year. They told that they will contact me within 24 hours as per procedure.
If this time also if they play mischievous thing I would positively fight through consumer forum. This is just for your kind information.
Sir, why tata is obligatory to the worst “Good year company?” can you answer this?. I request you to change my both the damaged tyres immediately.
Further I want to ask the tatas why it has low quality mud flapes for indica Vista. The screws fixed are seem to be olden day carpentary work. I had to get right the loosened screws for more than 20 times. Otherwise, the flap will obstruct the movement of the tyres with unwanted sound.
I have proof for contacting your service centre to get done the “Lorry type break sound in breaks” When I reach Madikeri after service from Bangalore, the same problem continues. The auto lock system is also not working properly. Once there will be sound loss, sometimes, the auto lock system does not work properly. Several times repaired but in vain.
Sir, another major problem is when I drive during rainy season especially during night, road is not at all visible. A whitish patches type covers the windscreen, completely blocking the visibility. Some relief could be achieved only when the heater is switched on and the air through inside windscreen is moved. But, even the A.C.is not responcding to clear the windows.
Once I have to stop going with my family during night and I had to stay back in a small place, due to non visibility problem. other vehicle drivers who tried to help me also said” Why tata is like this?” To avoid problem I had got removed the tint put inside which has not yielded any good result. I don’t know the cause of the problem. It may be the fault of the front wind glass or the wiper. I had put forth this during the service which was not at all being positively responded. The incharge persons orally said all the problems are solved, but practically, I have to face all the problems daily.
Please do something to help medium people like us. I have incurred diesel expenditure to drive to Bangalore several times only in anticipation of repairs, which has become a dream. Tatas should not limit the service by some trouble some receptionists ringing us asking for marks for the service. There is no use in simply filling the forms, collecting the marks. One responsible person should be appointed in the customer service to practically do the work. Because on that day when I complained to concorde manager about the rude talk by the Good year engineer, he could not even tackle that person on behalf of Tatas. Why they fear to favour customers. Why they support the worst behaved engineers? I still remember, Good year engineer Ashwin’s rude talk and I am not the profiled person to take such bad persons advice. Being the editor of a leading daily in Kodagu I am attending hundreds of customers daily in My office with polite nature. Please teach such persons a good lesson in future.

Good Year

D  2nd of Oct, 2009 by
Respected Sir,
I am the owner of Tata Indica PB10CB 1036
The tyres are of Goodyear company.
In all the five tyres are not working condition and this is a manufacturing defect.
I go to the Goodyear showroom at ludhiana for tyre problem. but no response about this problem
There I met Mr. Amrik Singh in Dada Moters (Show room of Tata Moters) I told him the problem verbally and in written.
Mr. Amrik Singh didnt listen to me and his attitude is misbehaving.
He told that iam not solve your problem ( humne ek baar paise le liye bas hamara kaam khatam hum car bachete hai tyre theek nahi karte) this word of Mr. Amrik Singh from Dada Moters. He was very loud.

I am not satisfied with quality of Goodyear Tyre and your company services.

I need that immediately tyres of other company are provided.I am mentally and financially harrassed from last few months.

If immediatiately my problem is not sort out I will register compaint againt GOODYEAR not only in CONSUMER FORUM but also in COURT.
Kindly look into the matter.

C.L. Keskar