Gold's Gym / never cancelled membership!

Las Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Signed up for membership in 2003. Moved a couple months later to a city that didn' t have a Golds anywhere near it. I was told to fax proof that the nearest gym was over 30 miles away and they would let me cancel my membership that was being charged to my credit card. I did fax proof and they told me my memb. was cancelled after being so rude. My card was not being charged any longer. THEN... 3 years later I got a collection notice for back payment of $400 and on my credit report! I still have the same credit card used then and they never tried to charge it or send any letter notifying me of any wrong doing! They did this to a friend of mine as well. Horrible company!!! I'm with 24 hr. and have not had any problems.
Kh

Comments

Ds
  15th of Feb, 2014
Feb 2014 I am having a similar experience with golds gym. Pressured into signing a contract . I moved to Calgary and all but one golds had been sold to another fitness club. They would not let me out of contract I rode out contract which has no auto Renew written on it as requested at time of signing. After the 26 payments as agreed payments have increases and are still being withdrawn. I am seeking legal action against golds. And will be making public all information discovered about golds including the fact the contract cancellation is handled by a third party in the states. Golds gym is the pinnacle if corrupt contracts.

Gold's Gym Logo Gold's Gym