Gold's Gym / difficulty in cancelling a membership

1 Oklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:

It's funny, when you sign up for a, "month to month no commitment membership", when the time comes to cancel, it's a MAJOR headache. I go in to the center to cancel my month to month plan and I'm given a piece of paper with instructions to get on the website and cancel through there. So, I attempt it with no solution. I pull up the site www.goldsgym.comMSS. This is supposed to be the Members Self Service site and find that this is just the main site. Nothing listed for existing members log-in or to register to utilize the site for account updating or CANCELLATIONS. All that's there is a promotion for a 7 day FREE trial, find a gym, enroll in a fitness plan and other promo crap. So, I tried calling the 800#, LOL! I sat on hold listening to a looping recording about the high volume of calls and some info about how to cancel memberships. Which tells me to go me back to the website.

Gold's Gym failed before when they were a franchise company. I see how they have now seem to succeed, "CORPORATE GREED". Locking people into endless payments and making it extremely difficult to cancel a membership. Even if it's month to month. Personally, I feel that if you walked in and signed up at a location you should be able to cancel at the same location and not have to, "get on-line to do it".

Sincerely,
Frank in OKC

Fr
May 31, 2013

Comments

• Rn
      13th of Aug, 2013

I am facing the same dilemma. If I had known this, I would have avoided Gold's Gym like the plague.