[Resolved] GoldCar Rentalunwanted insurance charged anyway

We were on Tenerife early 2016 and rented a car with Goldcar online prior to our travel. We marked not to want additional insurance on the order form. After finishing waiting in the long queue at the Goldcar Desk in the airport, I was presented with the contract... in Spanish. Now, my Spanish is so good that I can read at least a few words but I can't study the contract with a long queue behind me. I assumed that the figures mentioned on the contract were deposits of some sort. I paid the amount due and expected to get the deposits back after the rental. WRONG. They tricked me into purchasing extra full coverage which I did not order and failed to mention any word about this. So "blindly" I purchased they offering. This is really very bad practice.
I complained with the service desk and they keep repeating that they cannot refund as I signed the contract. At some point they stated that I ordered this upfront... so I provided a screenshot stating that this was not the case... but they still refuse to take responsibility for this "screw the bloody tourists" performance.
My advice: NEVER USE GOLDCAR !!!

• Resolution statement

• GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Apr 26, 2016

Dear TheoJ,

Please note that our basic coverage always contemplates an excess (please see our T&Cs). If customers have third party coverage, they can request a refund from them in case of damages. Additional insurance is offered for customers’ peace of mind and always as an alternative to blocking a deposit on a credit card. This is common practice in the rent-a-car sector.

Kind regards,