Goldcar Rental, Toulouse / unauthorised removal of 500.00 euro from my account.

Posted: Jan 31, 2018 by   User
Toulouse, France
I hired a car from Goldcar Rental in Toulouse airport on the 30 November, 2017 and returned it on the 05 December, 2017. The sales person has informed me that there was some damage on the car and myself and my wife went through the damage and it was as noted on the acceptance form which included damage to the rear of the car. We did not damage the car during the time we used it and on return did not find anyone to inspect the car with us on the Goldcar section. We again inspected the car, before we left it, and know there was no extra damage to it. I knew they were slow to return the deposit, so I was allowing them a month to do so. To my horror, when I contacted a rep at Goldcar, I was informed the money was taken, without my consent or notice from Goldcar, from my account due to alleged damage to the rear of the car. I have e. mailed customer service twice and have as yet received any response.
GoldCar Rental Customer Care's Response, Feb 02, 2018
Hello Will,
Please note that our staff will always inspect the cars after each use and will mark the damages on the checkout sheet. However, we always ask customers to double check this since the cars can receive damage during their stay in the parking lot. This way both parties are aware of the damage that the car has on it before departing.

On return, if our agents find damages that were not marked, they proceed to investigate and if it's considered that it occurred during this rental period, the customer will be charged for it.

Our policy establishes that if when the car is returned we found any damage that wasn’t marked on the check out sheet we give our customers when they pick up the vehicle, it would be charged to them as we understand that this damage was made under their responsibility.

In order to take a further investigation, please open a query on our website here: https://www.goldcarhelp.com/en/

Kindest regards,
Victoria R.
Goldcar Representative.
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country France Complaint category Car Rental

Pl Please check text spelling before submitting a comment
Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree